1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT- Credit score ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 635 G, Sep 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Never bought anything on credit, never had a mortgage or any kind of loan, pay off every credit card bill on auto pilot. Well--for giggles found out what my credit score is : to all you guys in the auto industry that know what this means--please let me know---if its good, mediocre or sux---815/equifax--

Lou

2. oletymer

oletymer Member

Typically 850 is the highest so you are in the top tier. It means you like me can usually get loans at the best rates. It does not mean that you will be offered that rate however. It seems that you are looking at an auto loan. Your score means you can get the 0 percent offered on some cars or the lowest rate they are offering.

3. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Oletymer, you're right that E-320CDI- is stating to look really good, with luck it should last me till I'm cruising in the pine box.

Lou

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

815 is way up there, obviously you are a smart person and will be smart enough not to buy a Mercedes.

5. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Thanks MX8B--I really don't care about the next or the latest generation, honestly I would prefer a as new 2006 CDI that would run on any kind of crap diesel I could get. I have a gut feeling that our oil/fuel supply is going to be severely disrupted when the Israel/Iran problem hits the fan. I would love to have a 275 diesel tank in the garage, it would give me close to 9k miles of worry free no gas line BS, just in case s--- happens.

Lou

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The FICO score also gets you reduced rates on insurance and offers that other people will never see, to the point that you get tired of them ... When we were looking to replace my wifes car the people at the dealer kept asking about financing etc as we wrote the check for it even though we were offered a prefered rate of 0.25 ... The FICO scores between my wife and I are well over 800, but where I don't know and don't care ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. Little Dog

Little Dog TS Member

I' really impressed that somebody can get a credit score of 905 when the scale goes from 300-850. I'm just so very ashamed of my wimpy 798 score.

8. FLIP

FLIP Member

how do i find my credit score? is there a websight??thanks Flip

9. FLIP

FLIP Member

do not want to sigh op for any thing,

10. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Boy, I sure wish that I had some of you guys as customers, I have been seeing more and more scores in the low 500's of late and the other day pulled a report that was a whooping 327 If any of you guys need a new chevy or Mercedes, drop me a line. The biggest Chevy dealer in our region. John

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

John,

I took the wife shopping for a new car over Labor day weekend, figured with the GMS pricing that we would have to take a peek ... She found a nice Impala LTZ or LTX whatever it was and I told the guy to put a deal together taking her 2002 Hyundai XG 350L on trade ... This clown comes back with a paper on the trade which depicts that I am going to be charged $350 for a safety inspection, plus some body repairs and for a scratch in the paint of 7 year old car with 87,000 miles on it ... Make a long story short this guy come up with a price of $25,400 and change on the deal ... I told him I would give him $20,000 and her car take it or leave it ... Now, the sale manager comes to get involved and I told him where to go, take my offer or leave it ... Needless to say we left there and went right back to the Hyundai dealer and she found a beautiful Hyundai Azera Limited (loaded) that listed for $32,800 and change ...The deal they came up with was $24,000 and change with her car, I made them the same offer I made the Chevy dealer of $20,000 and her car ... The guy came back with $20,047 and her car and we wrote them a check for it ... I hope all of the American Auto Makers and dealers eat shit and die ... I will never again waste my time even looking at them or trying to put a deal together with one ... I'm Pro American but will not get screwed by some fast talking clowns at the U.S. Auto Makers dealerships ... I truly feel sorry for people who are to dumb to know what the hell is going on with the Sales people and get taken everyday ... I wish I could say what I feel about U.S. Auto Dealers and the sales people on here but I would no doubt be banned for life from this site so I will refrain from doing so ...WPT ... (YAC) ...

12. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

WPT- the same thing happened to us about 18 months ago--went to the local GMC-Cadillac-Buick dealer---was very in terested in a new Lucerne---to the make the story short we too got an Azera Limited---want a real eye opener- put a Lincol MKZ alongside & really look close---the Azera blows its doors off---you got a car that goes 0-60 in 6 secs, qtr mile under 15 & gives close to 28mpg with a 100k warranty---a no brainer.

Lou

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Lou,

The Hyundai XG 350L that she had was still a great car and all we did was normal service, brakes, tires, and fan belt in the 87,000 miles she put on it ... I was the one who felt she needed a new car, not her but she is glad she did it now ... The safety rating on the imports exceeds the U.S.Auto Makers hands down and I don't think anything could ride any better than the car she had or the Azera we just got ... I do not impress easily when it comes to cars but these cars really impress me and I like the idea of a 10 year/100,000 mile warranty ... I see more and more of the imports on a daily basis and the American Auto makers can't give their cars away, makes you wonder don't it ..?
    I can't help but feel there is some "Poetic Justice" in the fact that they can't sell them or even give them away when it comes to the Big 3 Auto Makers ... I resolved myself to the fact I will never even bother looking at what the American Auto makers have available from now on, I'll cut through the chase and but another import ... Quality, price, and warranty are what matters the most and those are all in favor of the imports on all levels ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

14. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I'm working hard to get my score down to zero. You have to pay a lot of money in interest to maintain a score of 850.

I no longer worship at the altar of FICO. Pay cash or do without.

15. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I've just been informed I've got a good credit score---I have never paid $1.00 in interest in my entire life. I was taught when I was knee high to a grass hopper---the following: interest makes smart people rich, it makes dumb people poor. If you can't afford it. Wait & save. It will be much cheaper in the long run.---This crap of being a debtor nation is BS.

Lou

16. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I never worried about saving money, I cared about making money. I'm retired now. I don't care to have to think about make any payments. I'm fortunate that unless everying is 100% deductable it is not worth it. Unless I'm wrong I thought interest on auto loans is not deductble, unless its a home equity loan. I would never put up any real estate to back my toys. If the s--- hits the fan, those payments could be the anchor that sinks you.

Lou

17. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

WPT sorry about the problem you had with an american dealer. i have been in the autonotive related business and some of them are a bunch of wheeler dealers. there are many real car dealers that really don't try and screw you around. making offers works sometimes. check around for a one price dealer that tells you what the price is up front. then the only thing to deal on is the used car. some are fair about the used car and some try and screw you around. good luck and hopefully you will fine a real dealer that is fair motordoc

18. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

motordoc,

I (we) went to the Hyundai dealer and in less than 30 minutes put the deal together but then I had to wait for the guy who does all of the paperwork or sign it blank (like that was going to happen) ... The new Hyundai Azera Limited is sitting in the garage and everyone is happy ... The Chevy dealer did call just yesterday (09-19-08) to see what if anything they could do to make the deal, I asked them to stop calling us because we bought another car from a dealer right down the street that listed for more than the car they had at the price I offered them for the one they had and obviously still have ... We already have the Title back on the new car and locked up in the safe ...

I noticed at the Dodge dealer that they are sitting on them Challengers, must be trying to make the public pay over the MSRP in a depressed economy, like thats going to happen ... There must be something in the water that they give those sales people at the dealers or they just figure everyone it more stupid than they are ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

19. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Little Dog, 900 scores do exist!

shannon391,I'm working hard to get my score down to zero. You have to pay a lot of money in interest to maintain a score of 850.

Not really. Just own a business or two.

20. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

You do not have to pay a lot of interest to get your credit score in the most favored area of 800 plus on the scale, all you have to do is pay your bills on time, everytime ... I was never in favor of paying interest in any way if I could help it, there were times I could avoid it and times I didn't have a choice ... I have a bad habit of paying my bills on time and have always tried to maintain that as a matter of my own pride based on ability ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.