1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT: Credit Card Scam Again - So. Calif

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by In plain view, May 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In plain view

In plain view Member

Beware folks especially here in So. California. Scammers are purchasing items at Macy's Department Store at least 4 times in the last 10 days that I am aware of. Daughter just got her bank account hit 3 times for about $1200.00 so far and I just found out today my card was hit for $413.25 at Macy's in Laguna Beach. A lady's hand bag was purchased. The 3 charges on my daughters card was purchases in the $400.00 bracket. Beware everyone, stay alert and check your statements. Bob in los Angeles

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Thank you for your post, what did the authorities do with the case after you report it?

Few years ago, my neighbor found an unauthorized usage on his credit card account while he was doing online banking, somebody is charging his credit card account in to a hotel near LAX, he called the hotel, the person is still staying, he called LAPD, they wouldn't send anyone to the hotel, instead they ask my neighbor to cancel the card, and let the bank deal with it.

3. In plain view

In plain view Member

Steve: Wells Fargo Bank is taking care of the charge I was hit with. My daughter will get her money back from her bank in about 10 days. Police is handling my daughters case and Wells Fargo Fraud Unit is handling mine. My case is with my credit card, my daughters is her checking account. It's just amazing what these scammers get away with today. Hope to get more info on these cases later. Bob

4. E. Beaver

E. Beaver Member

Bob, it was well you were on top of this. Good luck!

Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.