1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT/Covering for new deck in a fishing boat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Mark Spears, Feb 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Spears

Mark Spears Member

John,
    Call your local Line-x dealer and have the boat deck sprayed in the material that they put in pick-up truck beds. They can spray colors and it will last forever. Mark

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

You can also buy do-it-yourself lits at the local automotive store. These are generally only available in black though. Make sure to park the boat outside until the coating dries as it is very fragrent.

You'll want to add some sort of traction product (sand)to the top before it dries. That coating can start getting a little slippery once worn and wet.

ss

3. valmet

valmet TS Supporters TS Supporters

i re-wooded and carpeted a '87' superhawk tiller, with the blue vinyl carpet, very hard to get the carpet stretched tight(stapled underneath) on the wood pieces before you screw them down. If i were ever going to do it again, i'd probably do like Mark or Short Shucker suggested. with the spray on stuff, the moisture wouldn't get to the wood be non slip, and much easier to clean than carpet. check out the lund alaskans or alumacraft canadians with the spray on vinyl floor vs.carpet to make your decision cause like you said it IS quite a job.
    good luck dennis

4. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

Can't the bed liner stuff be put on with a roller?

5. kolartarget

kolartarget Member

yes they do have an application that you can apply with a roller you can buy this at any automotive store

6. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

I owned a marine repair and restoration business for 20 years. Carpet is the worst thing to put on a deck of a boat. The carpet holds enough water to rot the wood. West system epoxy is the only product that will work with wood and last damm near forever. Coat all the wood with west system epoxy(2-3 coats). For a non slip areas. Roll on a coat and then sprinkle sand over it while it's still wet. Let it harden. Then paint with your chose of color paint. The only thing that is better is gluing teck down over the plywood(more money), But nothing beats teak on a boat for good footing. Nobody likes to slip and fall on a boat. Hope this helps. Todd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.