1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT.Cooking-Spanish Saffron!!!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bocephas, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Gourmet Mancha Saffron.
    The red Stigmas on the crocus flower when dried is Saffron for those that do not know.

Comes from the "La Mancha" plains of Spain.

Anyone on here cook with it?

I have a very little left.
    Priced it today,WOW $1318.95 per pound.$89.79 per ounce retail.

This is some of the best seasoning you can get.

Bocephas

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Saffron is great especially on fish...You ever use black or white truffles there BO? truffle oil is great too!

3. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

that stuff is more valuable than a lot of dope bo. i wouldn't be talking about it to much you might get robbed or something. i kinda like salt it's still cheap and easy to find. bo we had decant weather in ottumwa for our derby today. what a change. hope to see you and jim in april. jackmitch

4. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Calvin,No have not used Truffles.Mushrooms yes,what we get around here in IL.

Jack,If the creeks don't rise and the wheels stay on we will be there.
    Still got tenderloins?Dam they are good.

71 degrees in Burlington today.But looks like we are going to get our butt kicked in the next couple of days.

Bo

5. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Yes, Bo...I use it. Although it IS really expensive, you don't use very much of it at a time. I use it in my indian sweets, such as Kheer (indian rice pudding).

6. crusha

crusha TS Member

Geezus frickin' to Christopher...I made jokes about the moderators trying to turn this place into "old ladies trading recipes"...and look at us now...

7. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

I use it when I cook paellas, which I do with some frequency (ever since I acquired some cheap paella pans). There's a very nice-sized jar, larger than my fist, from Costco in my freezer - I'm not sure of the net weight, but it's quite a hunk of saffron. It'll probably do me for sixty or seventy paellas, if not more.

Tony

8. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Hey Buzz..if this thread really turns you on...STAY Tuned!!!...upcoming subjects of discussion include personal nasal hygiene and Rosie O'Donnells thoughts on female "enhancement"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.