1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT/Condensation

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by esoxhunter, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Hey guys: I need some expert input on a problem I'm having with a new pole building. The buildings gable ends face East/West. I am getting lots of condensation on the South side. (roof) The North side does not have this problem. It is evident that the sun is warming the roof on the South side and causing the metal roof that is cold from the overnight cold to condensate on the inside of the building. I have a gravel floor in it at this time but will pour concrete in the spring. Do I use some type of vapor barrier or?? The soffits and the ridge are vented. Thanks for any help you can give me. Ed

2. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

About the only thing you can do is insulate it, I have the same problems in a few of mine that aren't insulated

I know it looks kinda bad and is real high priced but the spay on foam works great

I've tried a bunch of different ways to insulate, in one I used 2 inch foam board, works great but is a PITA to install and have used mobile home belly board as the call it fastened that to the trusses and blew fiber glass on top of it, it worked good but since it's black made the shop always seem dark, but I got my agile buddy to spray paint it white so it is good now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.