1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT computer problem

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by wireguy, Aug 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

My best friend and mortal enemy (my computer) is driving me crazy. There is some kind of conflict between Adobe Flash 9 and Microsoft. Quite often for no discernable reason I get a "Microsoft has encountered a problem and needs to close" message and I lose everything clear back to my browser. Microsoft says they have no fix for it and I've tried everything Adobe offers on their website with no change.
    Also for a long time I've gotten this "insert something or other truck disk" (sorry, it's late) message every time I start up and have to dump it. None of the fixes I've found on the net work and I can't find any file by that name in my computer.
    Any ideas?

2. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Go to the website above and run the program. It will tell you what versions you have installed and which are current. Resolve any issues and that may fix the Flash program. Microsoft rolled flash back a version or two when they updated XP to SP3. As for the other issue, your machine probably has something that is trying to load during startup. It's probably something you installed and it requires a CD to run. You can try a little typing msconfig in the start/run field and disabling some of the startup items until the offending one is identified. You should also look for something in the startup folder in the startup menu that might be suspect.

3. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

If you are running XP, can you do a system restore to a day when it was operating correctly?

Start,all programs, accessories, system tools, system restore. Then pick an earlier date when all was OK. Ray.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.