1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT... Computer advice needed

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hawk57, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawk57

hawk57 TS Member

From what I understand you are scanning a document and then OCRing it and then trying to edit it? If this is true then it's your OCR program thats creating the "squiggly info". You should be able to just delete this "info" and typ what ever you want and then save the document. When in doubt use "print preview" to see what the document will look like before you print it.

2. jmas

jmas TS Member

Do a Google search for OCR

3. hawk57

hawk57 TS Member

Sorry about the Swedish. OCR is a program that converts a scanned document or fax into a document you can use a program like "Word" to edit. Items that are scanned are typically saved as an "image" not a document that you can edit. In other words if you scan a document you are creating a "picture" of that document. OCR software can read the image and try to convert the "picture" back into a "document". I'm not sure your HP has that program included. You can purchase OCR software separately. Some version work well but it depends on the original "image", that is scanned and if the OCR software can recognize the "text" portions. When it can't it may create "squiggly info" Hope this clears it up a bit.

Hawk,

4. JoeBerg

JoeBerg TS Member

I've done plenty of document imaging, and I can recommend OmniPage as a good Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software application, at a reasonable price. I'm not sure that your HP MFD (Multi Function Device)has the resolution necessary to provide the OCR image quality you are looking for. I have a Xerox DocuMate 520 sheetfeed scanner with an earlier version of OmniPage at my office, and I can do OCR scans on 50 pg. contracts that are close to the paper original but are completely editable in MS Word. It depends on the amount of formatting in the original.

5. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Marked for later read. Ray.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.