1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT: Colonoscopy Question

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Mike Mahaffy, May 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Mahaffy

Mike Mahaffy Member

If it is like mine, plan on a good meal and shooting in the afternoon! No side effects, no horror stories, best nap I've had in years!

2. 870

870 Well-Known Member

No problem on Wednesday. Monday night will be another story!

3. kj king

kj king TS Member

I feel like the govt is giving all of us one on a daily basis. Lol Seriously, you will be fine. The worst part of it is the preperation drink and the flushing out the night before. Don't get too far from the head and make sure you have some baby wipes around. After the test, you will break the best wind of your life. Good luck and I hope you get a clean bill of health!

KJK

4. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

870 has got that one right!! The preparation is far worse than the procedure; I can attest to that. God, I must have $hit 87 times!! Good Luck. Ed

5. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

It'll be great. Just make sure to tell your doctor that you 'don't want to feel anything'. A colonoscopy should not hurt. Do not be afraid to tell them during the procedure if you feel any pain; they can increase your meds right away.

After a little nap you'll be right as rain!

6. dhwbailey

dhwbailey Member

The preparation is the worst part.

You won't feel anything because you will be asleep. They won't let you leave until you rip a few, and then you'll be Jack the Ripper for an hour or so.

Next day, you won't even know you had the procedure

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Yes, they blow up your gut with air for the procedure, and afterwards no horse can match you for farting. Bring a tape recorder.

HM

8. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Drinking the flushing agent is the worst part (the taste and the volume if it's the 1 gallon size). I switch to a liquid diet 2 days before, to make it easy. The stuff they knock you out with is really nice - best sleep you'll have all year. You'll be hungry before you leave the hospital and raring to go shooting the next day. Good luck.

9. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

Ask for propofol for sedation. Works well without any after effects.

10. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Best of luck to you. Enjoy the show on the moniter, then it's nap time. I can't count as fast or high as Ed, and you won't want to. A month or so ago, it was both ends for me. I hope they changed instruments.(LOL)Bob

11. Baber

Baber TS Member

Remind your Doctor to use the small camera on you and save the two headed monster for your lawyer friends.

Have had a couple of these things. No problem afterwards.... its the before thats the problem.

Tom

12. Flybob71

Flybob71 TS Member

Like sprtnclys said, propofol works best! Best half life and little effects. If there are some effects, they will be minor and short lived with no pain whatsoever. WARNING: Be carefull of the doc who has both of his hands both of your shoulder!!!while doing the exaM AND TELLS YOU YOU ARWE GOING TO FEEL SOME SLIGHT PRESSUE! LOL!! This means there is only one appendege positional enough to do the rectral exam with!!! Might not go over too well with most "real" men!!, but something to think about!!! Kidding aside, I is a realtively easy test except the 4 hours of "cleaning out! Best of luck to you!! FLYBOB71

13. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Oh yeah propofol is good stuff!...just ask Michael Jackson...oh shit ..thats right ..you can't!

14. Lobo

Lobo TS Member

Flybob71 is right. Ask your doctor if he has liberal tendencies. Seriously, you will be fine.

15. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Go into lala land while it's being done. Shoot that afternoon.

16. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Because of my diverticulitis, I've had a few of the exams. Follow the prep to the letter. Drink all the liquid. The test is only reliable if the Doctor can see clearly all the way up. If there is anything wrong, he'll see it and know what to do, so don't be nervous. The test is a small price to pay for peace of mind. Take the afternoon of the test off and you'll be ready to go the next morning.

Kit Thomas

17. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Handy tip. If you have a portable TV move it into the bathroom. I had to drink a gallon of this stuff that tasted like warm sea water. It was called "GoLightly." That was an absolute lie!!

The proceedure is a piece of cake.

18. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

It is like most procedures, and has some risk associated with it. The prep is the worst tasting stuff, and my Doctor encouraged me to drink plenty of water with it! Get someone to drive you home......eat and go shooting the next day!

19. TOLIPNUG

TOLIPNUG TS Member

I'VE had 6 of them-the prep they make you drink is god awful-it is to clean out all the hot dogs and cheese burgers from your system-when you go in for the actual procedure its a piece of cake an iv and you're done. no problem shooting the next day-no after effects-rick zino

20. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

I had a bunch of fun with mine. Take a "Mr. Yuck" sticker--a frown of a smiley face. Stuck it on my back side before the procedure. OR take a magic marker and write exit only or on way on you back side. The nurses and doctor will have a good laugh and you'll have something to talk about after it;s over. A little fun makes the job go easier. Like the others--the day before is the worse but You will be doing yourself a favor by having the procedure. motordoc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.