1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT? - Club Membership Software

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dmarbell, Dec 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

I have volunteered to be the membership committee chair at our club. We have trap, skeet, clays, pistol, and archery that requires certification to participate in (without supervision by another member). Off-hours shooting also requires serving on a committee. We assign committee slots and print badges for all available certifications.

Prior to last year, the club used Act as a software/database. Last year, another man took this over and converted everything to Access. The Access is now a lot of his own design, and cumbersome for us to understand. He will not be available to help with the transition for very long.

Is there a software program out there which fits this type of need? We have about 600+ members, and 1,000+ with family members and all.

Danny

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I think Access is a great piece of software and it has the flexibility to do whatever you require. I know there are some books available for beginners to use Access without being too technical. "Access for Dummies" might not be very good for you but you could have a look at it.

3. primed

primed Well-Known Member

You should be able to export your data table to Excel and you may find it easier to work with in that format. Or you can rearrange things in Access to your liking and import the data back in from Excel. I would stick with Microsoft product if you already own it or maybe Open Office from Sun Microsystems if you don't own the Microsoft Office. They are compatable and Open Office is free to download and use. Either one should give you enough flexibility to create something that is easy to understand and use. With that many members, you should have somebody with enough skills to lend a hand. Look for the "computer geek".

Good luck

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.