1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT::CHRYSLER CHINESE AUTO DEAL

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by stokinpls, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Guess the ChiComs couldn't figure out how to pass the crash tests after all.

2. tgun90

tgun90 TS Member

Nuke em stop buying China junk.

3. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

What`s the mileage of 1 bag of rice, and 2 fish heads, per 100 miles convert to in MPG ?

Tom Ru.

4. BLACKDOG

BLACKDOG TS Member

I have been in the car dealerships since 1974, I have seen a lot of junk made in the USA, HOWEVER WE DO NOT NEED CRAP FOR CHINA. I just picked up a keyless remote from a Chevrolet and it was made in China. We have np clue how much IS ALREADY made there, it is a shame that we in the USA can not stop the crap that comes from over there. If you read the papers, tooth paste with anti-freeze, dog food with posion it it, and goes on from there. The use needs to look at what it is doing to itself just to make a dollar

5. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

I agree with frank c, we are buying from our eneny: China, there, save some dollars so that the Chinese hang us with our own rope.

Berettaman7

6. C H S

C H S TS Member

After 37 years in a union job, I retire and a year later givebacks in a new contract reduce my pension and eliminate most of my medical benefits just to keep jobs. I can't afford American made stuff any more; the unions have priced me right out of the market. Every time we used to vote a new contract and get more pay and more benefits, I used to think we can't keep going on like this. Something has to give eventually. I never figured it would be me.

Andy

7. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

So what's the big deal? Most modern Americans don't have a clue what buying foreign cars (or anything for that matter) does to the economy. It may look good some places but not here in the "motor city". And anytime I say something about buying American, especially on this forum, I get slammed!

8. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

Did you mean to say Lee Iacoca?

Berettaman7

9. C H S

C H S TS Member

Thomas W. Lasorda is the auto industry executive, never gets called "Tommy"

Thomas Charles Lasorda is the baseball manager who is always called "Tommy"

Not the same person!

Andy

10. oz

oz Active Member

Hey! next GM will be going to russia and getting us the lovely trabant, or how about the very nice yugo. Japanese cars look better and better every day AND some are actually made in USA. go figure. oz

11. i_shoot

i_shoot Member

Guess where the engines for the GM Equinox come from?

12. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

I thought I read somewhere that this deal was brokered by the Chinese Govt., and units for export would be shipped to a neutral site, or country, then to the US. That way, there would be no duty on goods directly from China to the US!?!?!

Thanks Chrysler! Glad you used the good old American know-how to help circumvent the trade deficit and tariffs. (sp)

I wonder how long it will take 60 minutes to do a story on 11 year old Chinese kids assemblying speedometers in sweat shops? Remember the child labor issues with these idiots?

Maybe this is what we deserve for being so greedy. Money, Money, Money!!

Our driving force. No pride left.

My thoughts

Danny

13. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    LOL, where was the outrage by the Detoit zealots here when Detoit was having "American" cars built in Canada and Mexico?<br>
    <br>
    To paraphrase, some import cars are more equal than others.<br>
    <br>
    And no, I'm not going to buy a Chicom car. Because I don't trust the quality. For the same reason I did not buy a Detroit car. I don't trust the quality.

14. Paul641

Paul641 TS Member

G.M. has been in Shanghai for years, making Buick Regals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.