1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT Chrysler 300 m issue help??

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Frank C, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

I changed the dead battery in my daughters 2000 Chrysler this morning, in the 8 degree cold wind! all was well after, but she just called to advise that tonight she only has high beams or fog lights, no low beams? I replaced the lows a month ago so I doubt it that it Is blown bulbs. Is there a separate fuse for high and lows? The fogs also still work?? Stumped in the cold frank....

2. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Frank:

I bet you enjoyed changing that battery in such an easy location... right?

No...?

My daughter has a 2000 Concorde that I have the engine out.

A real nightmare under the hood. Sure you didn't knock something loose?

Check the fuse panel and connections first.

Best I can suggest, since I'm still learning. Beautiful car though.

Regards....Gerald

3. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Frank, It mya be as simple as two burnt out bulbs,it sounds like she lives close enough for you to buy two new bulbs. Replace just one and don't throw the one you replaced away, see if the new bulb lights. If it does replace the other low beam using the one you just replaced before opening the package on the other new bulb if it lights return the new bulb and keep the replaced if not, open and replace the other low beam with a new bulb. The circuit should be a parallel circuit but who knows for sure. I would as the other poster stated check the fuses if there is only one for headlamps and the high beams work it can't be the fuse. These newer cars have relays operating relays if there is a low beam relay pull it and replace with one of the other relays and try the low beams if that works you've found the problem. Start with the simplest solution and work from there.

4. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

For Pete's sake Frank, just buy Beth a new car--she's well worth it.

5. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

BOB!!! Have she been talking to YOU TOO??? Jeez
    It was both bulbs , the bad news it takes an hour a bulb!! And it's ~€%}}** cold and windy here!

6. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

Did you touch the bulb with your fingers? my son changed bulbs on his car and
    they both burned out in a month. Finger print oil makes the bulb overheat.
    also, some of the high output bulbs like silerstar ultra's have an extremely shorter life . Also, if the car has auto headlights they may be on a lot more then is required which also lowers bulb life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.