1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT - Chicago or New York style pizza?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bisi, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

This is way off topic, but what style pizza do you prefer? Deep dish Chicago or thin crust New York style?

Most of the time I prefer the thin crust - New York style. but it has been a year since I was last in Chicago and I'm hungry for some good old deep dish pie. So hungry in fact I just ordered a pizza from "Lou Malnati's Pizza" in the Windy City.

They are going to UPS it overnight. I'll get in Thursday. Dam, I can't wait.

Think I'll go out and try to find some "Old Style" to wash it down with.

Bisi

2. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

Oh yes, Old Style(the necter of the Gods).

3. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

There is no other pizza except NY style. Having lived in NY and Chicago I have to say that Chicago style pizza(deep dish)while semi-interesting is not and never will be true pizza. It's the only place that has pizza cut like a checkerboard in 2" squares. I guess it's a midwest thing.

Eric

4. PA101_guy

PA101_guy TS Member

I like them both but the edge goes to N.Y. style. If you're ever in Pittsburgh hit Mineos in Squirrel Hill or Vincents Pizza Park in Forest Hills.....both KILLER pies.

KEEP SMOKIN' EM.... Dave

5. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Mixer, I have got to disagree with you on this one. I have lived in both city's as well. While I will admit I eat a little more thin crust pizza than the thick, I think that the thick Chicago stlye has more taste and full flavor that can't be matched in a thin pie.Can be cut in 6 or 8 pieces as well as 2 inch. My 2 cents worth. Enjoy them all. Jeff
    P.S. Would you drop me a line @ above site. In regards to our shooting club. Thanks

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I love ALL pizza..every style is great in its own way...at least with the super deep dish I eat less slices...NY thin, I could eat a whole one on my own...and unfortunantly it shows

7. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

Gotcha all beat. NEW HAVEN, CT

Birthplace of the modern, "New York" style pizza and also the officially registered in the Library of Congress home of................ the HAMBURGER

About the only good things that are left in that Yale infested left wing bastion of liberal living east of San Francisco are the few Irish pubs, the Italian restaurants on Wooster St. just below the I-95 overpass by the "Q" bridge

8. CalvinMD

Y'all are making me homesick for the east coast...there are some ok pizza places in Texas, but none compare with the best up north,...also, could someone send me an authentic Philly Cheesesteak?

9. richrob

richrob TS Member

tomk2 is right, not only does our beloved chicago pizza dominate, but there might not be anything better than a chicago style hot dog. -Rich

10. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Thin style don't care for all that dough. Last summer in Italy thim was all I could find.

11. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Ok just bought a couple of the chicago style pizza at the sam's club and they was nasty and too runny for me im sure the real chicago style is different but I like the thick crust and when I cut a peice then I can hold it and eat it instead of it running all over the place so I would go with the new york style but I never had it but it has to be better than what I bought.

fog

12. CalvinMD

There is a special technique to eating NY style Foggie...order us up a half dozen pies and I would be glad to school you : )

13. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

CalvinMD

I never liked Pizza's and still don't really but never ate one when I was in high school and the first one I really ate much of was when I was around 35 years old just because everytime I went to some friends house they would always order pizza because they was to lazy to grill or cook of course I never went for the free food anyway but it was a few years later when they found out I didn't like Pizza but now I can handle a couple of peices at 1 setting but that is about it and a big NO to the supreme types.

I guess im a Steak and tater type of guy instead.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

This is a lot more tender than any card board pizza I ever ate.

foggy

14. southpark

southpark TS Member

Great idea! The wife and I are going to go out right now for Pizzaria Uno and some CHICAGO style pizza.

New york style is usually to greasy, yech, though I've had some great pie from the Amish Market on 55th Street in midtown Manhattan from their brick oven.

15. CalvinMD

I've never turned down a good piece of meat either...now beef is another story..they have down pretty good down here

16. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

zarathrusta

That's a promise no more Pizza from the Sam's club for me by the way got 1 left anyone want to pay shipping on it I can't gaurentee it will still be frozen by the time you get it but the pizza is free just take care of the handling charges.

Fog

17. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Now Chicago hotdogs are a whole different story. Piled high with all of their toppings, they are a variation upon a theme. For this hotdog lover, a Nathans grilled hotdog with mustard and sauerkraut from their stand in Coney Island, New York still reigns supreme along with their unique wedge cut french fries.

Eric

18. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

For this Tucsonan,

we have a place here BROCKLYNS! Thin is where it is at, by the slice or the whole pie. They do a great deep dish also but thin rules!

I have had some of the transplanted Chi Dogs, I will raise you a Sonoran Style dog, if you ever try one it will be Chi. what? We have three or four places that do the Sonoran dogs here, that or Brocklyns what a choice, I think I will just do a little of both!!!!

Al

19. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Zarathrusta, I'll make a note of "Martino's" and I'll try to check it out the next time I'm in Chicago. There are hundreds of great pizza places in the Windy City, but "Lou's" is the only one that I know will UPS one overnight.

Hotdogs! Nothing better than a dog at Wrigley field with onions, kraut, and mustard!!!

Bisi

20. sallyjane

sallyjane TS Member

I like Tombstone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.