1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT Chicago Metro West - ORVIS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by spitter, Nov 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Friends...

I took a position with the soon-to-open ORVIS Yorktown, located within the new "Shops on Butterfield" 306 Yorktown, Lombard.

For those who appreciate the finest in Fly and Hunting/Sporting apparel and equipment, Dog accessories, sporting gifts and home accessories - living the ORVIS country lifestyle... you're invited to come in for our Grand Opening the weekend of 11/14-11/16.

For a PDF of the Grand Opening announcement which includes a $25 coupon, please take a moment to email me. There will be some entertainment, seminars (one of which is held by me) as well as some food.

The store is beautiful... come bye and say hello!

Jay Spitz

2. Surferboy

Surferboy Member

My wife and I were just talking about the new store in the western suburbs (we live in Batavia)as well as the opening of LL Bean in Skokie. Gutsy move by Orvis given the economy, and although I have ordered many things from Orvis over the years and went to Chicago store a few times, I'll be in soon.

Will the store be well stocked with the same products available on-line and in the catalog or even an expanded inventory? Good luck! Steve

Oh yeah, are you related to Greg & Joanne Spitz in Batavia?

3. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Steve:

There are very few of us from my branch, so if he's related to a Warren, I'll say yes, otherwise we might be related many generations back...

Back to your Orvis inquire... as a new store, we should have the latest product offerings, most if not all which are available on-line or catalogue. In-store you get the opportunity to touch, feel and try-on. When in-store and we happen to be out-of-stock on an item or size/color, we can either transfer-in or ship-direct to the house and waive standard shipping. You already know the 100% Orvis Customer satisfaction guarantee...

The store visually appears much more expansive than Chicago and/or Deerfield and I'm working to balance the "hunting segment" to better support the area's clay shooters in addition to the upland and waterfowlers.

If you do come in and I'm working, please take a moment to introduce yourself to me as a fellow TS.commer!

Everyone who responded by email:

Thanks for responding and requesting an email with PDF attachment, Hoping to make your acquaintances,

Jay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.