1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT-car seat ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by chatbrat, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chatbrat

chatbrat TS Member

Would like to raise the driver seat in my old 97 Lumina, it is my preferred car to take to the range---when I sit in this car I feel like I'm sitting in a hole compared to our new Azera----following questions, can the seat be raised fairly easily by fabricating a bracket or adding fender washers & longer bolts--the seat is the 60/40 split----thanx ---Phil

2. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

Most vehicle seats, and the attaching hardware, are engineered with crash impact in mind. The seat can be raised, but you might end up inside the steering wheel during a crash when your hardware shears. I would suggest getting some good foam, cut to fit and tuck that under a cheap seat cover. Better to be safe than sorry.

Squirrel

3. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Buy a seat cushion

4. 5spd

5spd TS Member

What I did on my older toyota was to weld riser bars to each side, drilled the risers for the original stock mounting holes and rebolted it back to the floor like it should be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.