1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT Can't figure this out...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by short shucker, Feb 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Strike a match and let them figure it out. LOL.

ss

2. Texas Yankee

Texas Yankee Member

I just had a conversation with my insurance man on this very subject. He said that the value is based on the square footage of the house and the going price per squaree foot to rebuild. He said the rule of thumb for my house where I live is $100.00 per square foot to rebild.

3. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

I did appeal our property taxes ( in writing) and got the valuation reduced, that in turn reduced the tax. Next year I get exempted from the school tax which is about a 40% decrease. (yes I'm old) maybe we can afford to keep our house a couple more yrs. You have to ask questions and play their game because they DON'T volunteer this info. In some cases there is help available. Ross Puls

4. porky

porky TS Member

To get a new appraisal, realtors generally charge about $250. Get your house re-appraised. It is worth the cost in land and school taxes. The first year of reduced taxes will pay you back. Check with your town appraisor and find out what you have to do. Usually March or April are the months that appeals of house tax valuations are done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.