1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

**OT** Canon Camera Lenses

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by InsureGuy, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InsureGuy

InsureGuy Member

0   0   0

Mornin All !!

Recently was given a nice Canon DSLR for Christmas and enjoy taking pictures with it. It came with a 28-135 3.5 to 5.6 telephoto lens. I am interested in a few more lenses and wanted to find out if anyone here had anything that they are not using in the EF line up of lenses. If you are, what type of lens did you find worked the best. Your opinions would be appreciated..

Jason

2. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

0   0   0

Try Ebay.

A few years ago I bought several like new lenses for my old Canon SLR at very reasonable prices.

I assume yours is digital which is now the rage.

Should be plenty to choose from.

Regards.....Gerald

3. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

You have a real good range with what you have for most picture work I would look to extend the range with a lens that goes to 300mm or even better 400mm with image stablizer if you plan on wildlife work or close ups from a distance. I have a Tammron 200 to 400 zoom I like for the money but it is bulky but not heavy and price reasonable. The lens I always wanted was the old Canon 28-350 it was expensive big and heavy but one lens for almost everything with excellent picture quality. There are no free rides I also would add a true macro lens around 90 to 100 mm it opens an other world. The faster the lens like 2.8 will drive the prices way up but are needed for low light and faster shutter speeds this hobby can make trap shooting look cheap.
    Buddy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.