1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT - California Fires/National Guard

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Unsingle, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

I see that the National Guard is helping out in the tragic fires in California. I wonder how many of the victims were against the military recruiting in their schools just a few months ago and how many still feel that the soldiers are not good for anything.

2. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

See the post regarding NO Ho and the fire. This is not the time to be political. My house is surrounded by several fires and 1/2 mile away is a mandatory evacuation. Many years ago I put in 1 inch water pipes in the back yard for fire suppression. The pipes are hooked directly up to the main street line. Hope the system does not have to be tested. We have simply runout of resources -- trucks and fire personnel to fight all of the fires. Fred

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Good Luck to ya Fred....Bob Dodd

4. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

I was spared but just barely. I live off of Bouquet canyon up by Lombardie Ranch. We had fire within 1000 of the house this AM. A drop by a Super Scooper spared us.

5. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Wow!! OMGB: I know you guys had it rough all last night and this morning. Glad to hear you are safe. Thanks Bob... we are just keeping our fingers crossed. There is fire all around us, but we seem to be on an island and are safe for now. Our biggest worry is that there is brush behind us even though we keep it cut down. Having the privacy and the wildlife [quail, coyotes, rabbits, and snakes] has its benefits, but also carries some risk. We sit on a plateau over looking Magic Mtn., so the view is spectacular. Fred

6. Skeeix

Skeeix TS Member

It has been 4 years since San Diego County lost over 2700 homes. This fire seems to be as bad if not worse. We know several people who have lost multi-million dollar homes so far including the best running back in the NFL, L.T. Tomlinson among others. I have a pump hooked to my pool but wife says when they call and tell us to go we will go. Last time we came home 2 times not knowing if our house survived or not.

Clyde

7. claycruncher

claycruncher TS Member

My heart goes out to you and all the folks that have lost their home or are still waiting. I lived in so. cal 10 years ago and had the Villa Park fire come up the hill almost to my back fence. I know how traumatic this is. I wish you all the best. Jim Pappas

8. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Checked with the Highway Patrol and the ranch and range are fine. The main road is still closed, but I saw several of the fire trucks pulling out this afternoon. So we now wait for the road blocks to clear. Just another bit of excitment in our humdrum lives. Fred

9. coyote268

coyote268 TS Member

I live in Northern California (Lake county), and the same thing is going to happen here. Not if, but when. Our problem and probably the same as yours are the so call enviormentalist and air quality control people plus a government that will spend billions putting out fires and very little to prevent them. Every time the subject comes up about control or perscription burning the air quality control people along with the Enviro's raise hell. To add to that, check your next homeowners insurance bill and see what the insurance companies are going to charge us to recuperate their loses. This whole burecratic mess is getting worse.
    Dan

10. ArmySGM

ArmySGM Member

I wonder if the legislature will pass a law outlawing brush and forest fires because of second hand smoke?

Seriously, I hope you all get through this and not have any damages to your property. This weather is really raising havoc with our country.

Gary

11. Rvator97

Rvator97 TS Member

The loss of a home is a tragic thing, no matter the $$ value of it.
    Walt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.