1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT: Cabela's junk mail. I'm drowning!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by wireguy, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

They are out of control. I throw away many dollars of their catalogues. If they would quit wasting money on throw away catalogues they could lower their prices down to where I would buy from them again.

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

We just were in the Mitchell SD store, and There were only sight seers there.

NO one was carrying out any purchases. Gun Clubs were 75 bucks a flat, and Rio's were 8.50 a box.

Maybe they will be looking for a bailout soon too,.

HM

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I like their catalogs. Prefer them over their website. Their prices are not the most competitive, but they're better than some of the local stores here, even with shipping included. Wish they'd open a Cabelas here in the Portland area.

4. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Try calling their Customer Service and demand stoppage of mailings. Worked for me!

AndyH

5. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

their catalogs have way too many slick pages to do anybody any good!!

tony

6. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Now the Mitchell store is sending out special IN-STORE coupons, and sales.

They can't be used in my store here in Rapid City. It's crazy.

I prefer Scheels anyway. They have made me some tremendous Perazzi deals in the past on guns they couldn't unload.

Cabelas got a helluva sweetheart deal here from the City. Tax Increment Funding (really non-taxes), 13 acres at a super price all near a new mall by the Interstate.

Scheels who has been here for many years is also moving into the new mall near Cabelas and they got NO incentives. They have sponsored shoots, and league teams for some time. I kinda feel bad for them, but they decided to build the super store anyway.

Whiz

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Use them in your wood burning stove this winter. It will help offset the cost of oil and wood to heat your home this winter. Put all your family members on their mailing list and you will keep warm this winter. HMB

8. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

one tip, when you move DO NOT forward your adress. write to those that need it. 2. I have told my driver that I will not take bulk mailing items. no residents of or current occupants ect ect. Also write/call/email them and have them take adress off mailing list. 3 I send all the credit card stuff back to the credit card company. Use there post paid envelope and mail the junk back. Return to sender is another option.

9. Little Dog

Little Dog TS Member

Actually, the USPO won't return anything to the sender except for first class mail. I don't know why the circular file is so difficult for some people to use. It's a lot better than getting all worked up over some junk mail.

10. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

The catalogs certainly are bothersome at times. They have a catalog for darn nert anything. But, if you want to know what they carry, the catalog or website is the best. If you want to save shipping if driving by one on a trip, better call ahead and make sure they have whatever you're looking for in stock. Very limited selection in some stores. Also, seems like the operator on the other end of the phone knows more about the products than the "experts" I find in the stores. Pretty nice distraction in the cold months looking at catalogs. Sure wish I hadn't bought their stock though.

11. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

I get to many catalogs too!! All you need is the master catalog or a computer,Rev and hmb have good ideas, I stop at the mail box and then walk by the trash or recycle box to get rid of the unwanted item's.

It is sad that they have such high prices on reloading components being as BIG as they are!PJ

12. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

I find their catalogs make for good fire place starting. Just don't try to use the whole book at one time.

I band saw the back at the spline and have instant loose sheet fire starting. On those cold nights when a fire in the fireplace is most welcome. I have a wood frame box about a foot high filled with them.

Not just Cabelas but quite a few others as well. The left over ones just hit the recycle bin and hulled to the curb.

Rock

Jim

13. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

It amazing how they have the same stuff advertised in each and everyone one......

14. Little Dog

Little Dog TS Member

Sure, the USPS isn't a government agency- just like Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac weren't. DAH.

If the USPS isn't a government agency, then how come it's employees are covered by Civil Service or FERS retirement? Answer that one. BTW, FERS stands for Federal Employees Retirement System.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.