1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT Bush strikes again...

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by g7777777, Jul 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Jan 29, 1998
    Frank the democrats were pushing for this

Do you think the President stayed up at night in the Whitehouse and wrote it bcause he couldnt sleep? no it was a court structured suggestion of who has what powers

now it basically gives about what the Geneva Convention gives to POWs

regards from Iowa

2. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
  3. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Jan 29, 1998
    For those of you who don't know, America sets the standard for the rest of the world to follow. When we do something descent it just might be followed up by some other countries. Ask our surviviing prisoners from WWII how we should treat those guys. Dan
  4. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Iowa man!!
    We set the standard for everything including living standard, but we have no respect even from a lot of Americans. I think a lot of the other countries are just envious of us. We are not without mistakes and some bad policies, but there is no place I would rather be on either side of the law than this country
  5. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

May 20, 2007
    "All's fair in war...... "

Is that what you really think, dardanelles? Do you think it's fair for Al Qaeda to fly airplanes into the WTC? Is it fair for them to execute civilians? Gassing the Kurds, was that fair? Was it fair for us to spread smallpox among Native Americans? Fair for Hitler to run death camps?

Not in MY America it isn't. WE live by rules. That's fair. If others don't, that's THEIR problem. I don't want MY country in the same gutter with terrorists. I'm sorry that you do; you're a poor American.
  6. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Don Surber: Democrats ‘achieve' 14 percent approval

PI looked at the numbers last month, the Gallup Poll showed President Bush's job approval was at 32 percent, and Congress was at 24 percent. Could things get any worse?

Of course they can. Never underestimate the power of the Democratic Party to self-destruct.

The first job approval numbers for July are in and the Reuters/Zogby Poll shows Bush at 34 percent, Congress at 14 percent.

Under Democratic leadership, Congress has gone from the brink of the abyss and leaped. Whee!

Pollster John Zogby broke down the numbers.

"The Democratic Congress gets poor marks across the ideological spectrum -- just 21 percent of liberals and 10 percent of the very liberal give it positive marks, while 14 percent of conservatives and 14 percent of the very conservative give it positive ratings," Zogby wrote.

"Among Democrats, just 19 percent give Congress positive marks, compared to 13 percent of Republicans and 8 percent of political independents.

"By way of comparison, the Republican Congress had a 23 percent positive job approval rating last October, just a week before voters tossed the GOP out of their leadership posts in both houses."

After six months, Democrats do have one bipartisan accomplishment: Everyone hates Congress.

Not so George Walker Bush. Among Republicans, 63 percent still think he is doing an outstanding job

Congress now has no base outside of its staff, the reporters who cover it and Mom, and even she is wavering.

I am not laughing. I am not gloating. I am troubled.

I am not alone. Law professor Glenn Reynolds, who runs the Instapundit Web site, wrote, "This has gone past the point of being funny. It's really worrisome."

In a democracy, people must have faith in their institutions. In a totalitarian government, fear will do.

The problem is that neither party shows leaders in Washington who are in touch with the realities that their constituents face. Congressmen and senators have too much money, too much power and too much tenure.

Last year, the congressional Republicans went hog wild on pork spending. Prosecutors put a couple of them in prison for selling favors. One of them was caught messing with the House pages, who are the equivalent of political altar boys.

Voters threw the bums out. But unlike 1994, when voters voted in new Republican leadership, voters elected the old Democratic leadership. Democrat David Obey of Wisconsin became House appropriations chairman -- again after a 12-year absence.

This is reform?

Instead of addressing the energy crisis, tax reform, securing the borders or even increasing production of U.S. oil to end America's reliance on foreign oil, Democrats have one agenda item: Putting Bush's head on a plate.

Their inability to impeach Bush may explain why only 19 percent of Democrats approve of the job being done by the Democratic Congress.

But what about the 8 percent job approval by independents?

Instead of debates, we get stunts like this week's all-night filibuster.

Instead of compromise, we get up-or-down votes without amendments.

Instead of tackling problems, we get hundreds of investigations into Bush.

Instead of civility we get Democratic Senate Leader Harry Reid of Nevada taking a below-the-belt verbal jab at Sen. Arlen Specter, R-Pa., and then making Specter wait 30 minutes to respond.

Democratic leaders want to do nothing. They want to portray Republicans as obstructionists and Bush as evil, in the hopes of securing the presidency in 2008 and a 60-vote majority in the Senate.

This probably will work.

In driving down the public's confidence in the federal government, Democrats are counting on apathy. That is what happened in 2006 when more Republican voters from 2004 stayed home than Democratic voters did.

But what if it doesn't? What if the public sees this cynicism for what it is? Whither the democracy?

Our Congress will take the month of August off. They can take September through December off, too, for all I care.

For the sake of the Republic, I hope that Democrats will get together at some point, review the public's reaction and come up with a plan to accomplish something other than pin-the-blame-on-the-elephant.
  7. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

Jan 23, 2007
    wasn,t it all them republicans that spent zillions of dollars to impeach clinton & didn,t get the job done
  8. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    slick willie was impeached but not removed from office. He also had his license to practice law revoked!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.