1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT-Buick Century ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Tron, Jun 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Phil, great cars....if you can manage to get it for 9K, you would be stealing it.

2. DJM

DJM Member

I have a 2001 Buick Century with 95K miles I'm happy with. Roomy car that gets 29 mpg on a combination of 4 and 2 lane country highway driving. This model was discontinued after 2005.

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

"Extra clean" WHOLESALE money in the Black Book is $9,175 plus $100 for aluminum wheels, $250 for chrome wheels, $75 for cruise control and $200 for leather. At $11,900 RETAIL, you would be paying a fair price and given the vehicle's low mileage and that fact that you know how it was cared for, it might be a good price.

They are good, sturdy low-frills cars. The only common failure I can think of is intake manifold gasket failures but they normally don't occur until 80,000 miles or so.

Ed

4. Colonel Reb

Colonel Reb TS Member

Yeah, I think 9,000 is a fair to generous price given the market right now on full size GM's. I rented a Buick Century from a rental agency in 05 or 06, and I still remember how smooth the ride was.

5. gvsteveMD

gvsteveMD TS Member

I have a 2002 model. Excellant transportation gets about 29-30 mpg, which for the room you get compares to the current higher mileage models.

6. bacon

bacon TS Member

I have a 1998 I bought new for my wife that we both love only has 50k on it. good car

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.