1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT. Brothers fine for poisoning wildlife!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bocephas, Jan 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

This was in an outdoor paper I get.

Springfield IL.

They simply didn't like wildlife hanging out on their property.

That's the only motive federal law enforcement officials could derive from a Champaign County case involving two brothers,various animals and a whole lot of poison.

Brothers Norman Wachstetter'46 and Michael Wachstetter 48'of Foosland admitted
    poisoning four turkey vultures,four red tailed hawks and two crows.

In 2004 and 2005,the pair injected Furadan 4F,a highly-restricted pesticide,into dead animals and placed on their property.

Dept. of Natural Resources conservation police were contacted by neighbors about an unusual number of dead hawks,foxes,coyotes,and crows starting in 2004.\
    An investigetion revealed more dead animals on or near property owned by the Wachstetters.

According to Santel,more dead animals began to show up in 2005. The dead animals included racoons,hawks,deer,and coyotes.

Carcasses of the dead animals were sent to the National Fish and Wildlife Forensics Lab in Oregan and test showed that Furadan poisoning was the blame.

After a Federal search warrent was executed in Oct. of 2005,agents discovered Furadan,syringes and bait samples, Santel said.

The Wachstetters in a plea agreement, agreed to a term of one year probation with the special condition that each will pay $15,000 to the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation and each will pay an additional fine of $30,000.

What low life

Bocephas

2. colobiggun

colobiggun Active Member

I wonder how the deer died? They're not carnivores.

3. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing and called up our AFC office and was told anything that
    Comes into contact with it will die.

Salt Block

Bo

4. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Anybody that stupid doesn't have a pot to piss in or a boot to pour it out of. Good luck collecting that kind of change from those two Mensa brain trust members. Jeff

5. lumper

lumper TS Member

I heard that as a sidenote they will also be serving 1000 hours of community service @ Sparta this year ... they are going to be scorekeepers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.