1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT BRITISH COPS AND GUNS?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by break25, Dec 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. break25

break25 TS Member

Just saw a great British Crime series on PBS and noticed something about the investigators.
    In a scene at the station house I saw an investigator wearing a shoulder holster.
    Have they gone to wearing side arms? In other scenes, the asssault teams were heavely armed.

Chazz

2. SPD557

SPD557 TS Member

Awhile back we had 3 "Bobbies" visit the dept. From talking to them there are several armed cops working the street at any one time, so having an armed dick shouldnt be unheard of. Their way of dealing with people is quite different. Knives are big over there. When asked how they deal with someone stabbing someone we were told they have riot type shields and they would rush the guy and pin him with the shields. Asked about if someone was shooting they said they would wait for the officers with the guns.In the meantime they take statements and hope the bad guy runs out of ammo. Ran them thru some active shooter training with Sims rounds (real guns paint marking bullets).It was the first time any of them had fired a gun. They didnt do well and really didnt like the guns. Nice people though.

3. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

I say....HALT! Stop! Or I'll have to say...STOP again!!

Unarmed LEO's...Ludicrous.

FN in MT

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I say, such behavior is not to be tolerated, Mister Bank Robber. Now do be a fellow and slip on these handcuffs. There's a chap.

5. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

Since the terrorist stuff going on there, there are a lot of them walking around with submachineguns strapped over them, at least in London. In a little village, who knows?

6. Tdog

Tdog TS Member

A number of years ago, when a British officer was visiting our dept. I took him to our range where I had him shoot several handguns, a full auto M-16 and an MP-5. He was very excited. He said that during that afternoon he had fired more ammunition and more firearms than 99% of the officers in his department / unit did during their entire career.

7. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Watson, the revolver!

Now you know why Sherlock Holmes relied on Watson for back-up.

Ed Ward

8. dognduck

dognduck TS Member

most are not armed they have armed response units they call up when needed dont know % out there but its a small minority

9. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

While mowing at the local club I have had the unfortunate opportunity to witness the local LEOs, (Police and Sheriff’s Deputies) at the pistol range. While it was encouraging to see them practice, I would feel safer if they carried batons.

Oddly enough, it is our hospital EMT bunch, that are quite accomplished handgun shooters.

10. Hydra

Hydra TS Member

At my club we had a Olympic shooter from England come to our club. We asked where did the team practice? He said they had to go to France every time they had to. They could not even have the guns in England. The members who were at the club asked him if he would like to do some practicing while he was here and his face lite up and sayed "CAN I"? They all smile and said he was more then welcome to and that it was well within the law here. The members got him a gun he felt good with and he enjoyed his stay greatly. I think some of the members got a few pointers while he was here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.