1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT- breaded tenderloin

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tcr1146, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

I need some of you good chefs to help! (sorry about the off topic). I have a hankering for breaded tenderloin! I tried some bought from the local deli and the breading was horrible, and hard as a rock! What do you recommend for a good breading that will not rob from the taste of the pork?! Thanks, Tom Rhoads

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Sacrilege. Go to your room.

HM

3. lumper

lumper TS Member

HOW FREAKIN DARE YOU ! ! !

I've been jonesin for some good breaded pork tenderloin lately but have yet to ever find any as good as I can get when I'm in certain neighborhoods in the windy city or from certain neighborhood delis in Chitown as well.

I suggest you just find another deli or ... what area are you in???

4. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Pound them out and bread with egg and cracker meal.

Bo

5. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Worked in a butcher shop as a kid, Bosephas has it right. We ran it through a tenderizer twice, turning 90 deg, then dipped in egg and rolled in cracker meal. J.Woolsey

6. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Bread crumbs work fine also but not as hard when done frying. Flatten out to the thickness you want dip in egg then coat in the bread crumbs.

Rock

Jim

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rub (a good rub is important) a half loin and slow roast, slice and serve with gravy from the juice.................

Nuff said.

HM

8. MHD07

MHD07 TS Member

This is how I like to do my pork tenderloin. Enjoy!

Take the tenderloin and sear it in a pan so its nice brown all around.

In a mixing bow combine Panko (japanese bread crumbs you can find in your market now) enough oil to get it moist and lemon pepper spice or any other herbs you might like with your pork. I personally love caraway seed with pork, keep that in mind too.

Take some yellow mustard and rub it all over the tenderloin and then crust it up all around with your panko mix. Put it on the oven in in 375 until the bread crumbs all get brown and you have an internal temp of 150-155.
    Slice it up and enjoy!
    Let me know how it works for those who try it!

9. swamp rat

swamp rat TS Member

Dip in milk and roll in flour and have a skillet hot with a little lard in it.

10. ramen39

ramen39 Member

Tom
    Get in your car and drive 10 miles east to Akron. Sloanes restaurant. They have some of the best around.
    Roy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.