1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT Book publishing

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by b12, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Anyone on here have any experience of publishing a book. How to go about it.
    What would be some of the steps to watch for. Thanks Bill

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

I think Rollin taught us the importance of - "Don't plagiarize."

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Self publishing is the quickest way to go. You can publish one copy orone million copies. Check out Writers Digest. There are tons of websites to peruse information.

4. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Shot 410 thanks for the info. I didn't know where to start. Its not for me I'm just trying to help out another person Who is a good writer but has not taken it any farther. Now that he has been out of work for quite sometime and cannot pay his bills I thought he should submit some of his work. I have read his stuff and he is very good.

Bus gun I hope I didn't offend you. But to call someone a theif. I wouldn't want to think you would infradig.

5. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

b12,

It sounds like your friend might be better off seeking a publisher rather than self publishing his material. There are costs involved with publishing a book. How much depends on what the he wants to publish.

If you like, call me and we can talk about publishing: (920)464-0124

Rollin

6. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Thanks, I will pass this on to him. I think he just needs to be pointed in the right direction and given some confidence. Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.