1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT - $ Bill

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ahab, Sep 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

$2 bill

I think we need to quit saving our $2 bills and bring them out in public.

We could have a lot of fun! The younger generation doesn't know
    they exist.

On my way home the other day, I stopped at Taco Bell for aquick bite to eat. In my billfold are a $50 bill and a $2 bill.. I figure that with a $2 bill, I can get something to eat and not have to worry about anyone getting irritated at me for trying tobreak a $50 bill

Me: "Hi, I'd like one seven-layer burrito please, to go "

Server: "That'll be $1.04. Eat in?"

Me: "No, it's to go." At this point, I open my billfold and hand him the $2 bill. He looks at it kind of funny.

Server: "Uh, hang on a sec, I'll be right back."
    He goes to talk to his manager, who is still within my earshot.

The following conversation occurs between the two of them:
    Server: "Hey, you ever see a $2 bill?"

Manager: "No.. A what?"

Server: "A $2 bill. This guy just gave it to me."

Manager: "Ask for something else. There's no such thing as a $2 bill."

Server: "Yeah, thought so."

He comes back to me and says, "We don't take these. Do you have anything else?"

Me: "Just this fifty. You don't take $2 bills? Why?"

Server: "I don't know."

Me: "See here where it says legal tender?"

Server: "Yeah."

Me: "So, why won't you take it?"

Server: "Well, hang on a sec."

He goes back to his manager, who has been watching me like I'm a shoplifter, and says to him, "He says I have to take it."

Manager: "Doesn't he have anything else?"

Server: "Yeah, a fifty. I'll get it and you can open the safe and get change "

Manager: "I'm not opening the safe with him in here."

Server: "What should I do?"

Manager: "Tell him to come back later when he has real money."

Server: "I can't tell him that! You tell him."

Manager: "Just tell him."

Server: "No way! This is weird. I'm going in back."

The manager approaches me and says, "I'm sorry, but we don't take big bills this time of night."

Me: "It's only seven o'clock! Well then, here's a two dollar bill."

Manager: "We don't take those, either."

Me: "Why not?"

Manager: "I think you know why."

Me: "No really, tell me why."

Manager: "Please leave before I call mall security."

Me: "Excuse me?"

Manager: "Please leave before I call mall security."

Me: "What on earth for?"

Manager: "Please, sir."

Me: "Uh, go ahead, call them."

Manager: "Would you please just leave?"

Me: "No."

Manager: "Fine -- have it your way then."

Me: "Hey, that's Burger King, isn't it?"

At this point, he backs away from me and calls mall security on

the phone around the corner. I have two people staring at me from the dining area, and I begin laughing out loud, just for effect. A few minutes later this 45-year-oldish guy comes in.

Guard: "Yeah, Mike, what's up?"

Manager (whispering): "This guy is trying to give me some (pause) funny money."

Guard: "No kidding! What?"

Manager: "Get this .. A two dollar bill."

Guard (incredulous): "Why would a guy fake a two dollar bill?"

Manager: "I don't know. He's kinda weird. He says the only other bill he has is a fifty."

Guard: "Oh, so the fifty's fake!"

Manager: "No, the two dollar bill is."

Guard: "Why would he fake a two dollar bill?"

Manager: "I don't know! Can you talk to him, and get him out of here?"

Guard: "Yeah."

Security Guard walks over to me and......

Guard: "Mike here tells me you have some fake bills you're trying to use."

Me: "Uh, no."

Guard: "Lemme see 'em."

Me: "Why?"

Guard: "Do you want me to get the cops in here?"

At this point I am ready to say, "Sure, please!" but I want to eat, so I say "I'm just trying to buy a burrito and pay for it with this two dollar bill.

I put the bill up near his face, and he flinches like I'm taking a swing at him. He takes the bill, turns it over a few times in his hands, and says, "Hey, Mike, what's wrong with this bill?"

Manager: "It's fake."

Guard: "It doesn't look fake to me."

Manager: "But it's a two dollar bill."

Guard: "Yeah?"

Manager: "Well, there's no such thing, is there?"

The security guard and I both look at him like he's an idiot, and it dawns on the guy that he has NO clue.

So, it turns out that my burrito was free, and he threw in a small drink and some of those cinnamon thingies, too.

Made me want to get a whole stack of two dollar bills just to see what happens when I try to buy stuff. If I got the right group of people, I could probably end up in jail. You get free food there, too.

Just think...those two will be voting soon........

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

hahaha, you have WAYYYYY too much fun w/ life LOL

3. skeet_man

btw, just be careful,,,,they may give you change for a $20, happened to me once.

4. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I have said it for a while. The entry level dumb ass is not near as smart today as he was 20 years ago. I don't need to see the school districts report on how well they do. I see it every time I am served at a resturant/ fast food joint and every time I talk to an entry level person at any store that is under the age of 25. Jeff

5. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Ahab...GREAT STORY !! I had to laugh !!! Truly amazing !!....Uncle Sam, Pa.

6. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

If you come out to Naperville on a Thursday Night I'm working, good chance you'll get a few $2s in your change. I go to the bank and buy 'em regularly - 'cause our guys/gals usually get $2.25 in change for their $7.75 round.

I'm always asked...did you go to the track today?! One thing that is starting to happen, by asking for so many, is that the older "red" ones 1963s/1953s are popping up in the change now and then and THAT is a real eye opener!

Give 'em for tips - the waitresses like 'em, but the darn cashiers find 'em a PIA as the drawers aren't made for them!

Jay

7. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

That is a good story - reminds me of the one fellow on here that went to a Micky D's and ordered a 1/2 dozen chicken tenders (or whatever they are called). The kid said, "Sorry, but we only sell 6 or 12!" That, too, went downhill quickly. Back to the $2. bills, though, I just don't have enough of them to play the fun game. I suppose they can still be found in a bank?....Bob Dodd

8. Tdog

Tdog TS Member

The other problem they have with the $2 bill is that there is no button on the cash register to ring it in so the employees won't know how to make change for them! By the way those markers that they use to check for authenticity do fail. It usually only takes a close look and a comparison to a known real bill to expose a fake bill.

9. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Funny, I've seen that story going around the internet for years. Word for word.

Really happen to you, Ahab?

10. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

How about these dumbass kids that can`t make change if the cashregister isn`t working.

Tom R.

11. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

timb99...no it didn't happen to me...but...I think I will ask for some $2 bills the next trip to the bank! :)

12. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Bet if it had been one of those $3 Clinton joke bills they'd a taken it without batting an eye.

13. harleyhog

harleyhog TS Member

Indiana clubs used to pay out games with them. I still buy them here in Idaho at the US Bank for bonus's for my employees.

14. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    <br>
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    <br>
    YOUR GOVERNMENT AT WORK<br>
    Man arrested, cuffed after using $2 bills<br>
    Best Buy customer on being jailed: 'At this point, I'm a mass murderer'<br>
    <br>
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    <br>
    Posted: April 7, 2005<br>
    5:12 p.m. Eastern<br>
    <br>
    © 2005 WorldNetDaily.com<br>
    <br>
    A man trying to pay a fee using $2 bills was arrested, handcuffed and taken to jail after clerks at a Best Buy store questioned the currency's legitimacy and called police.<br>
    <br>
    According to an account in the Baltimore Sun, 57-year-old Mike Bolesta was shocked to find himself taken to the Baltimore County lockup in Cockeysville, Md., where he was handcuffed to a pole for three hours while the U.S. Secret Service was called to weigh in on the case.<br>
    <br>

Bolesta told the Sun: "I am 6 feet 5 inches tall, and I felt like 8 inches high. To be handcuffed, to have all those people looking on, to be cuffed to a pole – and to know you haven't done anything wrong. And me, with a brother, Joe, who spent 33 years on the city police force. It was humiliating."<br>
    <br>
    After Best Buy personnel reportedly told Bolesta he would not be charged for the installation of a stereo in his son's car, he received a call from the store saying it was in fact charging him the fee. As a means of protest, Bolesta decided to pay the $114 bill using 57 crisp, new $2 bills.<br>
    <br>
    As the owner of Capital City Student Tours, the Baltimore resident has a hearty supply of the uncommon currency. He often gives the bills to students who take his tours for meal money.<br>
    <br>
    "The kids don't see that many $2 bills, so they think this is the greatest thing in the world," Bolesta says. "They don't want to spend 'em. They want to save 'em. I've been doing this since I started the company. So I'm thinking, 'I'll stage my little comic protest. I'll pay the $114 with $2 bills.'"<br>
    <br>
    Bolesta explained what happened when he presented the bills to the cashier at Best Buy Feb. 20.<br>
    <br>
    "She looked at the $2 bills and told me, 'I don't have to take these if I don't want to.' I said, 'If you don't, I'm leaving. I've tried to pay my bill twice. You don't want these bills, you can sue me.' So she took the money – like she's doing me a favor."<br>
    <br>
    Bolesta says the cashier marked each bill with a pen. Other store employees began to gather, a few of them asking, "Are these real?"<br>
    <br>
    "Of course they are," Bolesta said. "They're legal tender."<br>
    <br>
    According to the Sun report, the police arrest report noted one employee noticed some smearing of ink on the bills. That's when the cops were called. One officer reportedly noticed the bills ran in sequential order.<br>
    <br>
    Said Bolesta: "I told them, 'I'm a tour operator. I've got thousands of these bills. I get them from my bank. You got a problem, call the bank.' I'm sitting there in a chair. The store's full of people watching this. All of a sudden, he's standing me up and handcuffing me behind my back, telling me, 'We have to do this until we get it straightened out.'<br>
    <br>
    "Meanwhile, everybody's looking at me. I've lived here 18 years. I'm hoping my kids don't walk in and see this. And I'm saying, 'I can't believe you're doing this. I'm paying with legal American money.'"<br>
    <br>
    Bolesta was taken to the lockup, where he sat handcuffed to a pole and in leg irons while the Secret Service was called.<br>
    <br>
    "At this point," he says, "I'm a mass murderer."<br>
    <br>
    Secret Service agent Leigh Turner eventually arrived and declared the bills legitimate, adding, according to the police report, "Sometimes ink on money can smear."<br>
    <br>
    Commenting on the incident, Baltimore County police spokesman Bill Toohey told the Sun: "It's a sign that we're all a little nervous in the post-9/11 world."

15. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

We should let the skeeters bring their $3.00 bills to!

16. skeet_man

false arrest anyone?

17. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

i got a new pack of 2 dollar bills and took them to a friend at a print shop. had them made into a pack like scratch pads with the glue ont he back and a pad on the bottom. take them on vacation and when paying for something my lady pulls them out of her purse and peals of one or two. wow what a look from the cashiers. then they really think they are phoney. they also make good things to leave for tips--especially in foreign countries like mexico or europe. motordoc

18. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Here's a quick story about our youth. This past Sat. nite I left Philly. Never been there before last week. Somehow I missed the 476 exit and ended up heading toward Reading. Now, I've had the week from hell tring to pass a seminar and test that I went down there for, plus I've been away from the wife and kid for a week.

So I get the wife on the phone and stop at a covenience store in Allentown. I walk up to the kid working at the counter while I still have the wife on the phone, and ask him for the store's address so the wife can put it into mapquest.

I swear to all of you on a stack of bibles, the kid did not know the address of the store that he was working at, AND didn't even know the STREET NAME!!!!!!!!

Now I know that some of you are thinking, and I was too, that the kid is screwing with me. Trust me, he wasn't. He knew that I was not a happy camper and got a little nervous acting. Had he known the address, he would have given it up readily. He really didn't know!

I had to go out to the corner, and look at the street sign!

19. Southern Gent

Southern Gent TS Member

My father was the timekeeper/payroll clerk for a large construction company.

All pay was in cash, every week. He would go to the bank, pick up the payroll, bring it home, and count it out on our kitchen table, then take it to work the next day (Friday). Imagine doing that today.

Some of the unions had a contract provision that they had to be paid in silver dollars, and so he would get a bunch of those. I still have some that he gave me.

Occasionally, especially when they started a new job, he would pay off in $2 bills (especially in smaller towns) so that the local merchants could see the impact the job was having on the local economy. I still have some of those bill floating around somewhere.

I love using the various dollar coins, especially at our Third World Bazaars formerly known as convenience stores. Post Office gives them in change from their machines.

20. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

True or not, SuperXJeff has it right on them money...

"the entry level dumbass is not as smart as he was 20 years ago.

That's a great quote. I'm gonna use it....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.