1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT big green egg

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Savage99Stan, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Only use plain charcoal, not "match light"..otherwise the liner will absorb the stink and hang on to it for weeks.

2. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Nothing but good.

Rick in Mt

3. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

Have one.

Terrific smoker or BBQ.

Buy it and don't look back.

Dave

PS Advice on charcoal is to be taken seriously

4. Kevin Nelson

Kevin Nelson Member

I have had every grill know to man, the EGG is by far the best I have ever had. Use thier chargoal and use an electric lighter. They are a little pricy, but well worth it.

5. fri

fri Member

STUBS,
    I HAVE HAD A BIG GREEN EGG FOR OVER 10 YEARS. IT IS SIMPLY THE BEST FOR SLOW COOKING RIBS CHICKEN PORK SHOLDER OR BRISKET. ONCE YOU GET THE HANG OF IT YOU CAN ADJUST TO WHAT EVER TEMP YOU REQUIRE AND IT WILL STAY THERE ALL DAY LONG. IF YOU LIKE YOUR BONE IN RIBEYE PITTSBURG RARE YOU WONT BELIEVE IT!! 800 PLUS DEGREES FOR ONE AND A HALF MIN PER SIDE WOW! USE ONLY NATURAL LUMP CHARCOAL AVALIABLE AT BBQ SHOPS AND SOME ACE HDW STORES. USE A COMMON HAND HELD PROPAINE TOURCHE TO LIGHT THE CHARCOAL.

GO BUY IT

FRITZ

6. dflo

dflo Member

The best cooker I have ever used. Use good lump charcoal like previously said.

Dale

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.