1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT: Best TV Under $2,000?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by pullbangloss, May 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Looking for a new TV. It seems like it's worse then buying a new gun! With so many choices I'm looking for some feed back. Currently looking for a flat screen with HD. No bias towards any brands. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
    Matt Ski

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Samsung & Sony seem to have the best picture quality from what I've seen. Go to a store that has many brands and see the side by side comparison. Look for 1080 p resolution for HD. 720p is ok but 1080p is the current state of the art. LCD over plasma.

Eric

3. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

Buddy has a 42" Phillips LCD ,1080p,120hz from Sam's Club. Apx. $1200, very nice. I wouldn't buy one that isn't 120hz.

4. fritzi93

fritzi93 TS Member

Like mixer says, get 1080p resolution, particularly if you get a TV about 42" or larger. In smaller sizes, it'll be hard to tell much difference from 720p unless your viewing distance is very close.

Plasma has less motion blurring and has true black level. But they consume much more power than LCDs and are not as bright. LCDs are getting darn close to plasma in picture quality, and the difference is less now than hitherto.

Good luck whatever you get.

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have a 52" Vizio Plasma. I go to several sports bars with multiple brand tv's and I don't believe any of them compare to my Vizio. I looked a long time and almost let people talk me out of the Plasma b ut I could not be happier $1149 at Sams or Coscto

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.