1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT Best Software - Small Business Accounting

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Porcupine, Sep 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

Depending on the size of your business, look at Quickbooks Pro. It has a wider range of financial statements than Quickbooks. Staples has it for about $100. You do not have to be a CPA to understand how to use Quickbooks Pro. Good luck.

Porcupine

2. primed

primed Well-Known Member

I really enjoy using Quickbooks. My CPA prefers Peachtree Accounting. I think you will find either of them very useful. I think you can download a trial version of Quickbooks. If you decide that you like it, you can buy the full version and use all of the data you saved with the trial version. Also I know that Quickbooks is very active in improving the product. A business advisor I know has suggested several enhancements that were implemented.

Good luck.

Bob

3. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

I have several years of Quick Books Pro and I think you can try them out for 30 log ons at no charge. Sell older version CD (Version 5.0) and 1074 page users guide for $40.00 as that is what I paid at Half Price Books just to see how it worked. We had it where I worked and I wanted to better learn how it worked. I did not set it up. Is easy to use after set up.Ray

4. ras

ras TS Member

Quick Books Pro is hard to beat. Better buy it new if you are going to do any payroll. If you can find someone to help you set it up and get you started it will go alot smoother. RAS

5. tomlieb

tomlieb Member

Steve, I am a CPA and use most of the software mentioned above. We have gone to the online version of quickbooks. You can try it out for 30 days for free. I believe its www.quickbooksonline.com Anyway, the advantages of this online product are: 1) no risk of data loss, the data is kept online, not on a local workstation that could crash or be stolen etc. 2) No upgrades, Quickbooks updates the program automatically as part of the subscription. 3) The biggest advantage is multiple access, so several people, including your accountant can access your records from anywhere they can go online. So, if there is a president , treasurer and accountant involved, they all can get to the data files from their own workstation. The cost is approx 19.95 per month on a subscription basis. If you like it, contact me at my address above, I believe we can sign you up for around $15 per month as we are Quickbooks advisors. Good Luck, Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.