1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT: Best heartworm meds for Black Lab?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by pullbangloss, May 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Need to give my dog some heartworm meds. Just curious as to what everyone thinks is the best.

Thanks in advance,
    Matt Ski

2. t-bar

t-bar Member

Before you start your Lab on heartworm preventive be sure and get her checked. We use Heartgard chewable. Also Frontline for fleas and ticks.

bar

3. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

Matt, If you haven't had the dog on the medicine up to now I believe you should have the dog tested before you start any medication or you can harm the dog.That is why they now recommend year around treatment now. Glenn

4. JRD08

JRD08 TS Member

Heartgard Chewable. But like others have said, make sure you have her checked before you start it.

5. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Heartguard chewable every 15th of the month. Have to get em through the vet.

6. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

All the advice is good. However, if the Vet. will not write an Rx, change Vets---he's $$$$hungry.

7. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Heart work medicine, I have 6 hounds and could not afford the traditional approach.

I go to the FEED store and buy the horse worming paste with IVERMECTIN this is the active ingredient in heart worm meds. I can tree my 6 hounds for two months for about $12.00. Just buy the one that allows you to adjust the dosage.

Ronbo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.