1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT - Best GPS - OT

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by krieghoffkrusher, Mar 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krieghoffkrusher

krieghoffkrusher TS Member

Any recommendations on the best aftermarket GPS system? I've heard Garmin is the best and to stay away from Tom Tom.

2. TKHover

TKHover TS Member

I just purchased a Garmin Nuvi 660 for my new car. I did a lot of research and looked at many different GPS units. I feel this was the best choice. It is very user friendly and extremely accurate. My wife has a factory GPS in her BMW X3 and a friend has a factory unit in his new Accura. I like my Nuvi better than either of those. The only downside is they are a little pricey. The best price I found was though Amazon.com for $704. If you get one, and have a fairly flat top of your instrument panel, I would recommend getting the beanbag mount with the gooseneck made for the 660. It is very secure and works very well. I perfer this to the suction cup windshield mount because you are able to position the unit closer to you since all inputs are through a touch screen. Good luck.
    Tom

3. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have had my Garmin 360 for almost a year now and have yet to get lost. This model only costs around 600.oo It's really easy to install and use. I like the suction cup mount onto the dash of my pick-up truck.

Ed Yanchok

4. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

I suggest NOT geeting the system this lady had.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23389219-details/%25C2%25A396%252C000+Merc+written+off+as+satnav+leads+woman+astray/article.do