1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT: Benelli SBE2 Problem??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by FIB, Dec 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FIB

FIB Member

I bought a LH SBE2 recently and took it pheasant hunting last week and had a problem with a cartridge not going off. It was cold 10-15 degrees F, and I was shooting Fiochi (sp) 2 3/4 inch Golden Pheasants #5. My first shot went fine but the second failed to fire. I examined the shell and noticed a light primer hit. I continued shooting the GP's for the rest of the hunt but noticed that the primer hits were much lighter that the primer hits my 11/87 made with them. Has anyone else had a fail to fire from a SBE2 due to a light primer strike?? Yesterday I went out and shot 15-20 Remington pheasant loads and all fired but it seems like the SBE2 doesn't strike the primer with as much force as my Remington. Thanks for your help...Randy Price

2. FIB

FIB Member

Thanks Eddie for the reply. I did buy the gun brand new but didn't disassemble the bolt. I will try your suggestion...Thanks...Randy

3. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Randy......Follow the instruction book and disassemble the bolt down as far as you can. That's an unusual problem for that gun, but my bet is that it just needs a good cleaning. The way the firing pin sits in there, something could be blocking it from going all the way forward. Do it slowly so you can determine what the cause was, Let us know! Never had that problem with mine!

4. FIB

FIB Member

I took the bolt apart and didn't find any excess lube or antirust material. I cleaned all the parts of the bolt and reassembled. I will try it out later today..Randy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.