1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

(OT) Belated Happy Australia Day!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Hauxfan, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

A belated Happy Australia Day to all of our Australian friends.

If anyone would like to read a little bit about Australia Day, just go to this link. and read up on it.

It's quite interesting.

Hauxfan!

2. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Indeed Hauxfan.....G'Day to all you Aussie shooters....where it's a hell of alot warmer than it is here!!

Ron from Alberta where it's -29C today with a windchill of -42C!!!...and that's really cold in Farenheit too!!

3. porky

porky TS Member

That's about a minus 21 degrees fahrenheit and the wind chill is between 45 and 50 below fahrenheit with the wind chill. Better pull those polar bears a little closer to keep warm. Must be that global warming thing.

4. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

gday mates to all you aussies and you to haux.nice day in southern iowa today but going to be cooler the rest of the week.jackmitch

5. Release Trigger

Release Trigger Member

Hauxfan, Ljutic73, Git-ER-Done, Jackmitch.

On behalf of all Aussie Trapshooters, thanks for the "Happy Australia Day".

Just to let you know it's roughly 92 Degrees here today (Sydney) with high humidity, I can understand if you feel a bit sorry for us being this uncomfortable.

Haux, I have been lucky enough to attend the Iowa State on seven different occasions and believe it to be one of the best State shoots in the land.

God willing I will be attending this years Grand (first since 04) hope I can shout at least one of you guy's a beer at Sparta.

Release Trigger.

Downunder.........

6. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Nice to hear from you Release.

We could use some of your weather here. It is supposed to get to -7 below zero tonight. Brrrrrrrrr........

I went to my first Grand at Spart this last year, and while it was very hot, it was a great time. The place is huge compared to Vandalia. So much easier to get around using your own vehicle and not have to worry about parking places.

I think you'll like it. I know I did.

Hauxfan!

7. Stubbie

Stubbie TS Member

HI Hauxfan

Thanks for the Happy Australia Day.

I phoned Ron K the other day he told me that it was going to be -40 with wind chill hard for us to imagine? as in the middle of winter here it may get to freezing but that is rare.Never get snow.

Told Ron to bring the shorts when he comes in March for our Nationals. It is 30c =86f no humidity today not like where Release trigger is and we have our State shoot this coming weekend Temps to be 85f to 90f.

Kindest Regards
    Stubbie

8. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

I'm celebrating Australia Day by listening to Bill Bryson's wonderful book "Notes from a Sunburned Country" which I recommend to anyone with an interest in a country which is also a continent and want to know a bit more about cricket and poisonous creatures of an amazing range and population.

Neil

9. Kemen053

Kemen053 Member

Neil, if there is anything you need or need to know about our beautiful country ,let us know and we will do our best to find it for you.Regards Ross

10. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

My daughter married an Aussie in November, so we went there for a reception. The travel time sucked. 30 hours. Beautiful country, nice people. Were in Brisbane and Carnes. Having a hard time comprehending this cricket game, but fun to watch. I'm teaching my son in law football, he's helping me with rugby and cricket. The "round-abouts" ("whirly-gigs" as I called them) are a hoot.
    Despite the "slang" barrier, I can now understand him most of the time. I don't think he has insulted my..yet. If I go back, I'm going to New Zealand and Tazmania. I'm going to borrow some meds from Lumper before I get on the plane.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.