1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT - Bedliners & Hard Tonneau Covers

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Greenhead Fever, May 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greenhead Fever

Greenhead Fever TS Member

I just recently bought an 06 Silverado with a sprayed in liner, not sure its a rhino but same idea and Truxedo roll top cover and love them both! You dont have to worry about the bed getting scratched and you can spray it out if you want and dont have to worry about rust and the cover you can open half way if you want to close it up tight for privacy if you want. I wouldnt do anything different!

Greenhead Fever

2. Trapmike

Trapmike TS Member

06 F150 myself, I went with Linex spray on over the Rhino. My local Rhino dealer is a dirtbag, so I drove 45 minutes to get a Linex liner. I feel Linex is a better product as well. Even if you are going to go with a drop in liner you should get a spray on or a cheap roll on. As a hard liner moves it grinds away the paint in the bed of the truck and allows it to rust out. A spray on or roll on will prevent that. Look into a Lorado roll up tonneau cover I love mine.

Mike S.

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have a dealer spray in liner - spray in is the way to go

I also put a rubber mat on top of the liner- as the spray ins will get gouged- the rubber mat really takes anything- there are several brands of those and all aout 60-80 bucks

Gene

4. mike T

mike T Member

Check out Undercover for a Tonneau cover. I have one on my Dakota and it is great. I can take it off and on by my self. and guess what I can stand on it and I weight 250. Try that on a fiberglass cover. Look at www.undercoverinfo.com Also great price compared to the fiberglass ones.
    mike t

5. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

Get the Rhino spray liner and get the quick detach cover.Its fiberglass and weighs 40 pounds plus or minus,comes off and on in seconds and is very secure.....Don

6. lvshooter

lvshooter TS Member

You might just consider going with a rubber bed mat as it prevents bottom from marring and things from sliding around. Sides usuall don't get much damage/ Also many people are going with the bed rug which is form fit for the bed and tailgate. Don't need to worry about mildew. Mad out of automotive carpet, dries quickly and looks good. Many supplies for the mat, such as Bed Rug and GM has one also.

7. lvshooter

lvshooter TS Member

Go to bedrug.com and it will give lkyou the pros and cons.

8. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

I second the Undercover!

9. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Ditto on the "BedRug"...have had mine in my '04 Silverado....still looks great and after alot of heavy use (hunting, fishing, shooting, landscaping, lumber, etc., etc.). No top, in the weather 24/7/365.

Curt - Delaware

10. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I have an Undercover on my 2003 F-250 Super Cab. It is a great tonneau and very reasonably priced. Best tonneau for the money I have found....Dan Thome (Trap2)

11. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

The Undercover is the best vaule for the money in hard covers and they are priced right.

12. oletymer

oletymer Member

I got the spray on liner and added the rubber mat on top of it. I chose the Pace Edwards retractable hard cover. It is lockable and added the tailgate lock to help secure any cargo.

13. mike Adcock

mike Adcock Member

I have a 98 Dakota. Had a Linex done just after I bought it. Did the top sides of the bed along with top of the tailgate. All I do is power wash it and it's good as new. Got the hard cover later. Keeps everything dry and locked up.

I'll do the same with the next truck.

Mike

14. ljunatic

ljunatic Member

Another vote for UNDERCOVER

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.