1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT - Becoming illegal

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by trap41, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trap41

    trap41 TS Member

    Jun 19, 2007
    The following is an actual letter from an Iowa resident -- sent to his Senator

    The Honorable Tom Harkin
    731 Hart Senate Office Building
    Washington , DC 20510
    Phone (202) 224-3254

    Dear Senator Harkin:

    As a native Iowan and excellent customer of the Internal Revenue Service, I am writing to ask for your assistance. I have contacted the Department of Homeland Security in an effort to determine the process for becoming an illegal alien and they referred me to you.

    My primary reason for wishing to change my status from a U.S. Citizen to illegal alien stems from the bill which was recently passed by the Senate and for which you voted. If my understanding of this bill's provisions is accurate, as an illegal alien who has been in the United States for five years, all I need to do to become a citizen is to pay a $2,000 fine and income taxes for three of the last five years. I know a "good deal" when I see one and I am anxious to get the process started before everyone figures it out.

    Simply put, those of us who have been here legally have had to pay taxes every year so I'm excited about the prospect of avoiding two years of taxes in return for paying a $2,000 fine. Is there any way that I can apply to be illegal retroactively? This would yield an excellent result for me and my family because we paid heavy taxes in 2004 and 2005.

    Additionally, as an illegal alien, I could begin using the local emergency room as my primary health care provider. Once I have stopped paying premiums for medical insurance, my accountant figures I could save almost $10,000 a year.

    Another benefit in gaining illegal status would be that my daughter would receive preferential treatment relative to her law school applications, as well as "in-state" tuition rates for many colleges throughout the United States for my son.

    Lastly, I understand that illegal status would relieve me of the burden of renewing my driver's license and making those burdensome car insurance premiums. This is very important to me given that I still have college age children driving my car.

    If you would provide me with an outline of the process to become illegal (retroactively, if possible) and copies of the necessary forms, I would be most appreciative.

    Thank you for your assistance.

    Your Loyal Constituent,
    s/Donald Ruppert, Burlington , IA

    Please pass this onto your friends so they can save on this great offer!!!!

    Get your Forms (NOW)!! Call your Internal Revenue Service 1-800-289-1040.
  2. Quack Shot

    Quack Shot Active Member

    Mar 14, 2006
    This letter has been around the block a few times.
  3. g7777777

    g7777777 Active Member

    Jan 29, 1998
    Guess we figured that out in Iowa before the rest of you

    regards from Iowa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.