1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT-Baseball uniforms

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Capt. Morgan, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

...or maybe when the people who DON'T watch but have to pay anyway decide to stop paying.

2. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

I was very disheartened (many years ago) when my son was playing little league baseball and we had to buy expensive uniforms. It was a financial hardship for some and as a result many kids don't get to play organized sports. But the good news a portion of every dollar spent on these uniforms went to the pro team to support there steroid habits. No pro baseball football basketball team will ever get any of my money willingly. As far as I'm concerned the only value to society for the NBA, NFL, MLB is to prevent with prison overcrowding.

3. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

I don't know about convict wear or sanitation worker garb, but with those baggy full length trousers, they look sloppy and unprofessional.

~Michael

4. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

I also agree! It's absolutely disgusting...disgraceful...shameful....and contemptable! It doesn't matter how they play the game, but they MUST look like ball players. Have you ever! I think we should boycott baseball till they improve the uniforms!

5. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

And when are the Red Sox going to wear red socks? Geeeez .......

6. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

I don't know Porky, but they will get washed by the Rockies!

7. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I agree. Uniforms should not change in sports.

I say we go back to leather helmets without facemasks in football.

If you like baseball, watch it. If you don't like baseball, don't watch it.

I like baseball. I really could give a sh@t how long the pants are. Some guys wear short pants with long sockes. So what? When I played organized baseball, not too many years ago, players wore whatever pant length they wanted, as long as everyone had the same jersey and pant color.

As far as clean shaven? One of my favorite teams as a kid was the Oakland A's of the 70's because they had beards and mustaches. They "broke the mold."

8. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

i watch baseball,long enough to identify it as a ballgame.

9. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

timb99, yeah I also remember the "A's" of the early 70's. I showed up at practice one day with a pair of white cleats "a la the Oakland A's". I was told to never wear those again.

10. chessney

chessney TS Member

What were the players wearing when Honus Wagner played? Their pants were like they are now.Then some flashy player decided to hike em up above their socks.And yes people like you guys said "What the hell is wrong with these players today" It goes on and on!! Ziggy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.