1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT/// ASE audio books ///OT

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by ouch, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ouch

ouch Member

My job is pushing me to get ASE medium/Heavy duty Truck certifications T1 thru T-8. My study time is very limited so I'm searching for audio test -Study guides. Cd, Cassette, Downloadable ect. Something I can listen to while on the road or while doing something more important like reloading. If you know of a source please let me know. Thanks.Richard

2. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

I would think any one considering reloading or shooting more imporant then advancing yourself in learning and most likely higher pay or at least job security is pretty lame.
    Learning on tape is not as effective as book and video or all three combonied.I have 30 years in the HVAC industry and a evening instructor for three years,guess what I am doing Saturday????
    SCHOOLING on solar hot water heating.
    Consider this response as tough love nothing more.
    Jim Z

3. ouch

ouch Member

Just a little "shot" at humor Jim, But it's good to be loved. Richard

4. ouch

ouch Member

5. ouch

ouch Member

6. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Check the ASE website or give them a call. They have lists of study resources including some of their own guides to the process.

7. ouch

ouch Member

Quack Shot, I tred ASE and several places on the net with no good results. ASE licenses their logo to anyone that will pay and does not keep tract of the services offered unless a complaint is made.

There are some audio Automobile master tech study guides avalible, But nothing for Trucks. I'm just hoping someone would know of something.Thanks, Richard

8. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Richard

Audio tapes, CDs, or DVDs might be hard to come by. Here are the URLs where you can download ALL of the study guides you would need, including L2 for Truck. There is also an "unofficial" vendor list for education and training. The ASE Homepage is at the link above. They have practice tests available also. You can also look for CASE or NATEF affiliated training sources. Unfortunately, if ASE does not know of audio study aid availability, I have not seen any either. Unfortunately, that leaves you some of the more conventional choices. Other possibilities could be from vehicle manufacturers, tools suppliers, parts distributors, and other aftermarket sources.

For study guides (downloadable AND free):

http://www.ase.com/Content/NavigationMenu/Service_Professionals1/Prepare_to_Test/ASE_Study_Guides/Download_and_Use_The_ASE_Study_Guides.htm

For related aftermarket vendors and training:

http://www.ase.com/Content/NavigationMenu/Service_Professionals1/Prepare_to_Test/Aftermarket_Resources/Aftermarket_Resources.htm

Test preparation Overview (the snap-on training link is not valid):

http://www.ase.com/Content/NavigationMenu/Service_Professionals1/Prepare_to_Test/Test_Preparation_Overview/Test_Preparation_Overview.htm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
ase audio study

ase audio study guides

ase study guide audio

ase study guides on cd

ase test prep audio

audio ase study guide
audio book for ase test preparation
audiobook ase