1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT Apple MacBook Pro operating system

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Rollin Oswald, Feb 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

I deleted this. Why is it still here?

Rollin

2. Rollin Oswald

I am looking for a good book on Apple's new operating system.

Rollin

3. widomaker

widomaker TS Member

I have a mac book pro and the operating system is BSD Unix. Not a new operating system by any means. Unix was developed I believe by Bell Labs back in the late 60's or early 70's others may know better about this than me. If your looking for command line help just go up to help and type in what you want its Apple help is really pretty good and its free.

Martin

4. Rollin Oswald

Thank you, Martin.

'm looking for shortcuts like page-forward and page-back. If I remember correctly, page-back is shift + delete and page forward iis shift + forward arrow or something like that.

Rollin

5. Bob Farne

Bob Farne Member

On my new MacBook Pro, ctrl+delete does the Page back. Don't know what the keys are for page forward.
    Regards, Bob

6. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

The book you want is the "Missing Manual" you referred to earlier. If you have OX10.4 you will want the "Tiger" book, if OS10.5, then "Leopard."

Robin William's books may be more tuned to what you want, even the "xxx for Idiots" (gotta be careful here) might be all you need.

Neil

7. Rollin Oswald

Thank you Neil. The Apple-man recommended the Leopard book but said that the "Missing Manual" is not yet available.

The "Idiots" books taught me quite a lot about earlier operating systems. Were some of the other 'idiots' books written by Robin Williams? As I recall some were easier reading than others.

Rollin

8. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Email me, Rollin. I have some Tiger duplicates and they will work fine. All I need is an address.

Neil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.