1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT. Anyone still playing around with 8 track tape?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by oletymer, May 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oletymer

oletymer Member

Only those still wearing their Leisure suits are still into 8 track.

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Next March I'll be at the Southern Grand and the Fla. State Shoot...for the singles championship day(s) I'll wear my lime green (polyester) leisure suit, black satin shirt (unbottoned to my belly) and of course...the Mr. T starter kit....

I'll start a new trend in trapshooting...Ha!!

Curt

3. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

I have a Panasonic 8 track recorder..LNIB, Oooooooohhhh...........

4. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Ahhh, the BEE GEES on 8 track....the good ole days!!!(?????)

Doug

5. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

Worst invention Lear ever had ! I used to be an expert splicing with scotch tape after the tape would get EATEN !

6. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

I HAVE THEM IN 2 OF MY OLD CARS...A TRIUMPH AND AN OLD DODGE STEPSIDE. I LOVE
    WHEN THE YOUNG FOLK ASK WHAT THEY ARE....I TELL THEM THEY ARE THE LATEST
    NEW FORMAT AND WILL SOMEDAY MAKE MP3 PLAYERS OBSOLETE!. YOU CAN BUY MILK
    CRATES FULL OF 8 TRACKS AT GARAGE SALES FOR A BUCK OR TWO.

JOE

7. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

Oh, what memories. I had a 65 Plymouth, 67 Charger with 4/8 add-on players, and my 69 RoadRunner had a factory 8 track with an AM radio that had no presets due to the tape unit. If you were not an expert at aligning the head, you could hear at least two songs at once.....which was annoying.

While the format sucked, ate tape, and the tension roller was a bear to clean, I do have great memories of cruising to the tunes of the day. Big block Mopar with a low level rumble, and CCR blasting away. Didn't have a brain in my head, no money in the bank, but they were great times for sure.

8. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Curt...don't tell me you're going to be flaunting all that chest hair again!

9. laura!

laura! Member

I don't miss having to wait for it to change "tracks" in the middle of a song!

10. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Jerry just wants to sell this relic so that he can buy a Betamax video system.

Tron

11. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

HEY! Some of my favorite stuff is on 8 track! They were Reader's Digest Compilations. Haven't dug out that stuff and the 8 tracks in years!

"Heavenly shades of night are falling, it's Twilight Time... Out of the mist your voice is calling It's twilight time ....When purple colored curtains Mark the end of the day I hear you my dear at twilight time....."

Luvn

12. willing

willing Member

Make fun all you want, but you can remember the tune and the words. Try that with the popular music.

Bill

13. nipper

nipper TS Member

your best bet, and im serious , donate it to goodwill and take a tax deduction for it.

bill

14. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Look around some more and see if he has an old J.C Whitney under-dash 45 rpm record player (custom installation). Now that would be something to have.

15. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Cd's are giving way to MP3 Ipod downloads. They have so much storage that you can put about 50 albums on the biggest ones.

CD's have to be handled and carried around.

Ipod can be on your belt or around your neck. I can't believe the accessories, you can get a dock to have it play in your car..........

HM

16. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

I HAD A 45 RPM PLAYER YEARS AGO. IT WAS CHROME AND THE SIZE OF A BREADBOX. YOU LOADED A STACK OF 45'S UP FROM THE BOTTOM AND THEY DROPPED INTO A COMPARTMENT AFTER PLAYING. I DON'T REMEMBER WHO MADE IT. TONEARM WAS SPRING LOADED UP.
    IT RARELY SKIPPED EVEN ON THE LOUSY STREETS OF BROOKLYN.

17. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

used to have 50 or 60 in those big cases in the back seat of the old mustang. get 4 or 5 or sometimes 6 in there cruisin around windows down ccr blasting or zeppelin or janis joplin or any of a hundred other bands drinking bud in cans with throw away pull tabs. tape cases were put in the trunk then with the 'styrofoam coolers" full of bud & ice. once in awhile {as in every nite nearly} had to go out & run,m across the river bridge side by side seeing who was the "baddest" for that nite. going out to the sandplant ,skinny dippin, tape deck as loud as it would play. cops really didn,t bother you as long as you were fairly well behaved.lol.lol.lol. dwain

18. Bitter American

Bitter American TS Member

Sean Casidy called he wants his Bay City Rollers tape back. He accidently sold it at his yard sale.

19. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Even "I" tossed out ALL of my 8 Track stuff years ago, and I'm a professional pack rat. I had players, tapes, recorders, and blank tapes galore. Now it's all on a hard drive. I wonder when mp3 players and computers will become obsolete? :)

20. gotbass

gotbass Member

Jerry - If you get a buyer send them my way. I have a case of Scotch 8 track blanks nib either 10 or 12 I think. I would be glad to let them go for a reasonable offer. Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.