1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT: ANY PEN COLLECTORS HERE?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by stokinpls, Jul 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

I'd go looking on ebay. Guy at work used to collect 'em. Remember he said, "Value is one thing, but until you find that "kook" (to buy it), they aren't worth anything." Ebay is probably your best bet.

2. Charles L. Schmidt

Charles L. Schmidt TS Member

Pat, speak with Greg, he's a huge pen collector. Chuck

3. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Go to Ebay. When you pop up and item you want to look at you wil see a box to put another search name into. To the right of that you will have a box to send that search for. To the right of that you will have a ADVANCE SEARCH. that is very usefull. Click that and you will have a site with other boxes. Type in what you are looking for and then check COMPLETE ITEM. Then click enter. That site will bring up past auctions and you will see what they sold for. That will help you to decide if its worth listing or not.

4. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

I am a fountain pen collector. Been doing it for 40 years.

The best place to dump a large collection is to go to a large, regional pen show and spend the day. By "large" I mean one with at least 100 tables. Google the topic and you will find the date and location of the largest in your area.

You can also call the dealers, one by one, old and new, who have fountain pen web sites. There are many. They will be glad to help and answer your questions. Quicker than a day at a pen show.

There is a market, but not as big as the one for used trap guns. (Market for ball points is near negative.) In all cases it helps to have the origional packaging. But not necessary. If the pen is junk, you will find out quickly.

Collectors want working models, clean with no modifications or teeth marks. The older, the better, generally. Undipped (never used) is best.

5. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

ebay is a great resource and a great way to get things to collectors from all over the world.

L

6. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

P3AT,

My wife, Jan, collects fountain pens. If you have a list of pens for sale or just need some information, you can reach her at the email address above.

Bob Schultz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.