1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ot - any car collectors?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bisi, Jan 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I'm looking to buy a "road" car. My current road car has a couple of hundred thousands miles on it. I only use this car to go on trips and to the grocery occasionally. I'm self employed and have 4 pickups that I use locally and go to trapshoots. I don't need a pratical car, just looking for a road car to take a few 1000 miles trip or so.

Don't want to purchase a car that will drop in value like a rock. Don't need a new car.

Well anyway local dealer has a 2002 Ford Thunderbird hardtop with 50K miles. Not crazy about car, but he quoted me a good price. Anyway got to thinking it might not be a bad road car, that would drop like a rock in value. I only need a car for a couple of trips a year, might fill the need.

Well anyway I got a vehicle report for vehicle. It reported it had left side damage from hitting a parked vehicle, and it had a duplicate title issued.

Is duplicate title different than savlaged title?

For future resale value - how damaging is it to have - left side damage from hitting parked vehicle.

Car looks great. Can't tell it was in wreck.

I just don't want to buy vehicle and find out vehicle has no resale in a couple of years. That is why I'm considering a "collectible" like a 2 seat Tbird.

How damaging to resale are these two items: damage, and duplicate title?

2. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Get a CarFax report on it. about 20 bucks but they are damn good.

Rock

Jim

3. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

Bisi: duplicate title means original was lost. Completely different than salvage title. As for damage and depreciation from thats a big guess unless you seen a repair order from the shop that did the work. If it was done at a certifyed collision shop or Achmeds Body Shop and Camel Reshoeing. Birdtracker

4. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Carfax is known to be wrong about half the time so do not base your decision on them. If the repair is done right it will not effect value in my opinion neither will
    title issue. Look on ebay see what they are selling for will give you some kind of idea anyway. I know a couple of people that have that car and they seem to like it. Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.