1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ot: Anti-Spam Filter - need a new one

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by starshot2b, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

I have been hammered with spam in the last week or so, it is now spilling over into my regular Inbox and it's a pain. I use Firefox & Thunderbird almost exclusively. I run Avast & Spybot as well. Frankly, (and this is rather embarrassing), I don't know what spam blocker I have, but I thought Thunderbird had one.

Anyone have any recommendations for a good, free filter? I'm getting really irritated. Thanks.

2. mercedesman1981

mercedesman1981 TS Member

The amount of spam arriving in your mailbox is a function of two things, one is your web activities and two is the efficiency of your ISP's spam filters. You might try changing ISP's or using a free on-line version like msn, yahoo or gmail and change addresses when spam becomes too much. Don't respond to spam, just delete it. Don't respond to email from addresses you do not recognize and don't leave your email address on sites like this that are regularly mined by spammers.

It truly is irritating.

Mike

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I use Stopzilla but it is not free.

4. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Type Mailwasher into Google. The free version will block spam and the pay for version will take care of more.
    Mike Battista

5. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Well, I don't need a new spam filter/blocker. Found the problem - one of the settings in T-Bird was unchecked (don't know how that happened) and it seems to be working. Thanks for the info though - nice to have just in case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.