1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT - Anti Gun Rally Naperville IL, Help - Attend

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by spitter, Apr 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

OT - Anti Gun Rally Naperville IL, Attend 4/14/08

The ISRA has put out an alert that an ANTI-GUN Rally is being held 4/14 at the Naperville Campus of Northern Illinois University, 1120 E. Diehl Road, Naperville IL Room 101C.

Interested individuals are encouraged to arrive no later than 6:45 and to wear IGOLD, NRA or ISRA insignia shorts/hats - NO SIGNs or other inflamatory items to get you tossed.

Can someone who has the skills, try to post the ISRA email message...

Jay Spitz
    Naperville Sportsman's Club

2. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Here's the text of the message from the Illinois State Rifle Association:

ISRA Alert:

YOUR HELP URGENTLY NEEDED - CALIFORNIA GUN CONTROL GROUP TO HOLD ANTI-GUN RALLY IN NAPERVILLE

The San Francisco-based "Legal Community Against Gun Violence" (LCAV) will be holding a gun control rally in Naperville on Monday, April 14, 2008.

The LCAV plays a crucial supporting role in Chicago Mayor Daley's attempts to take your guns away from you. California lawyers write the actual legislation designed to ban and confiscate your guns, tax your ammunition, ration your ammo purchases and register you like a sex offender.

It's time for Illinois gun owners to tell these Californians, "MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!"

Here is what you need to do:

1 Gather up all your firearm owning friends and assemble at the Naperville Campus of NIU, 1120 East Diehl Road, Room 101C, Naperville, IL. The campus is on the south side of Diehl Road, approximately 1/8 mile west of Naper Boulevard. Plan on arriving no later than 6:45 PM.

2. If you still have your iGOLD t-shirts or hats, wear them. If you have NRA or ISRA hats, wear them. DO NOT bring signs or other items that might get you kicked out before this thing gets under way.

3. Be advised that you will be in close proximity to people that hate your guts because you own guns. They will attempt to insult you and provoke you. Stand your ground, challenge their every assertion. Freedom is at stake here.

4. Please distribute this alert to all your gun owning friends and post it to every Internet bulletin board to which you belong.

STAND UP FOR YOUR RIGHTS IN HONOR OF CHARLTON HESTON'S MEMORY!

3. spitter

Thanks, Joe!

Joe...

Its not my pro-gun rally, so I plan to go, put in my face time, listen and respond if the situation requires it. I'll take my lead from, hopefully, the NRA/ISRA folks who may be in attendance.

Let's go with out various Clubs' badges, hats, pins, etc... go as sportsmen and women - tough to paint ladies and gentlemen in a bad light.

Jay

4. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Good luck everyone, and be sure and come back and let us know how it went.

Hauxfan!

5. spitter

6. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Joe & Jay, hopefully you guys will have a great turnout of sportsmen to face off with these idiots. Hap

7. spitter

8. spitter

9. BigDaddy

BigDaddy TS Member

10. spitter

11. spitter

12. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

This sounds like a job for Ted Nugent! Hey Jay! Call his publicist and see if he is in the area....I would pay money to see Ted lay into some of these anti-gunners!!

13. spitter

If you remember, I tried to make contact when he was in town last - can't remember the exact circumstances (Ribfest?), but I extended an offer through his manager/city contact and invited them to shoot as Club guests, but with his busy schedule we couldn't make it happen.

I'm guessing his schedule is full for this afternoon...

Jay

14. spitter

15. joe kuhn

Just got back from the anti-gun rally. There were so many sportsmen and women there I thought it was our rally. The support for the gun owners in IL appeared to be overwhelming.

Speakers gave their talks including a lady from the IL group for responsible gun legislation, a priest, a lay person in the priest's congregation and a survivor of the VA Tech shooting. Their presentations were what you would expect - citing gun violence statistics, support for more gun laws, which they said comes from a 2007 poll in IL, current laws nationally and in the state. They 'discussed' what the laws don't do and what they might do in future bills before the IL legislature. Sometimes the presenters were a little emotional, but mostly it was 'factual' and opinion.

The presenters stopped only briefly to keep the crowd under control. There were some verbalizations during the presentation but we behaved pretty well for a public meeting. We were mostly polite but we let it be known we were going to speak up for our rights to own firearms. We did so only briefly and held back until the end of their talks.

Then they opened it up to the floor. First guy up was a Navistar shooting survivor who described the incident in detail and then said if he only had a gun he would have shot the 'sob' on the spot. The place went up for grabs.

Then another guy got up and said Cane killed Able with a rock not a gun and cited 73 counties in IL not willing to enact new gun control legislation which doesn't seem to support the lady presenter's findings.

The press left and I followed, but before I left I shook the Navistar employee's hand and thanked him for coming.

These anti gun people would be better off focusing on the causes of violence in general and working there. They really should leave our second ammendment rights alone.

Good meeting.

Jay?

16. joe kuhn

Oh yeah - the priest said we should give up some of our personal freedoms so that some people can live (not die from gun violence). Sorry buddy. Push back has a place in this world. It gets ugly, but that's reality. Wake up.

One of our guys countered the point that all personal gun sales should have background checks. He said, in IL we do because we're only supposed to sell to FOID card holders who have already had their backgrounds checked, else they wouldn't have a FOID card.

These people don't stand a chance, if we go by what happened in this meeting.

Now we'll see how the Naperville papers present it.

17. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

I am so happy because I get to post the quote before anyone else does...

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" Benjamin Franklin (1759)

Thanks for going Joe -- do you have any links to the Naperville papers?

John

18. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Joe -- sorry, one more question -- are you going to the Weikum Fundraiser Shoot?

19. joe kuhn

John - Yes, I'm going to the Fundraiser Shoot. That'd be a week from Saturday. I look forward to it. You can ride with me if you like.

The Naperville Sun has a website. See above. I don't see anything yet.

----

Hey, we're sportsmen and we're into defending ourselves. The police at VA Tech and NIU failed to protect the students. Study up.

----

"Be advised that you will be in close proximity to people that hate your guts because you own guns. They will attempt to insult you and provoke you. Stand your ground, challenge their every assertion."

I didn't feel the hate coming from the anti gunners. This was innacurate on the part of the ISRA.

20. obfd13

obfd13 Member

Here's a link to the Daily Herald article.

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=172897

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.