1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT,,another reason to hate pit bulls

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by H82MIS, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Read it yourself,,

2. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Here we go again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think we should outlaw dog owners this viscous owner is a prime example of what the breed of "Owner has come to" LOL

Bob Lawless

3. tj303

tj303 Member

It was obviously the womans fault because her fence wasn't tall enough to protect her own dog from the innocent pit bull. The woman should be sued for having an insufficiently fenced "attractive nuisance".

4. A Sparks

A Sparks Member

Outlaw gun too, they hurt people. ;)

5. A Sparks

A Sparks Member

6. kelly andersen

kelly andersen TS Member

You people dont have a clue as to the breed, The owners are the ones that make the dogs the way they are. Our family has 7 of them and not a one of them shows or has ever shown any agressive behavior. It's no different than humans there are bad apples in every bunch. I can guarantee you if you look at the owners you will find the problem. Its funny I've seen labs and shorthairs fight and bite people afield, should they be banned also????? Theyre bad rap is what makes people afraid of them, if you actuallly spent any time at all around them and saw first instead of going by he said she said, you'd see my point. but everyone has there own opinion.

7. flyfishinfool

flyfishinfool TS Member

To any land developers out there. I occasionaly build subdivisions and one clause I have in the Protective Covenants is:

"Vicious dog breeds such as Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, Doberman Pinschers, Wolf Hybrids and the like are prohibited on any __________Subdivision property. No person shall knowingly keep or harbor any vicious dog of any breed or any other animal which might have a tendency to attack or harm any person walking or riding on streets within the subdivision."

My good buddy's 70 year old dad had over 100 stiches after an attack in his back yard from his neighbors pit bulls. So, I have an attitude.

And if any one doesn't like the Protective Coovenants I put into my developments - buy down the road - we don't want you.

Dan

ps - I have found that language to be a real selling point to families with young kids and would encourage other developers to put this language in their Deeds, Protective Covenants or Bill of Assurance.

8. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Dan,good for you,,,I like it!!!

And for you Kelly,,If you absolutely positively have that much trust in the pit bull breed God help you because it just ain't happened "YET",,,but it will!!!
    sorry but facts are facts and ya gotta go with the odds,,,

9. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Active Member

Well I do know my pointers were pretty good at pointing. In fact now that I use a flushing dog, a retriever, I miss that from time to time. But love the drive and retrieving instinct of a retriever. Let’s see if I have this correct- the breed bred for and with pointer in the name happens to point very well. The breed bred for and with retriever in the name retrieves very well. Hmm yes that would be pretty much be it.

I have heard but have never verified how Pit Bulls got their name. Anyone care to enlighten me?

We also do agility training. The first trainer we used raises Pit Bulls and she had one running the elevated plank. One day out of the blue it jumped off the plank and tore her back and shoulder up pretty good, left a lot of scars even after they put her back together. She still defends the breed and says it was a fluke. We changed trainers.

10. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Devilsadvocate stated

I wonder if attitudes change when it becomes you, your family or your dog? Guns don't run around uncontrolled, they are inert objects with no such ability to casue distruction of and by themselves. That is correct gun don't run around uncontrolled people move them from place to place. My attitude toward Chevys didn't change when one hit my pet. I don't think Chevys should be outlawed either. The person driving that is another matter. I feel that control is the issue people must control their cars just as people must control their dogs. Anyone that owns a dog that allows that dog to roam free or mingle with strange people or animals is a careless dog owner. These careless owners must take blame for that dog's actions

copper said "There is no good reason to own a pit bull when I was young I had never herd of one lots of other dog breeds out there. Look at the main type who own thease dogs." well guess what you said it and you don't even acknowledge that you did. "I once had and electrican on a job he has a half grown female pit lets it out of the van my job site he says she is fine " totally careless and exactly my point they are what they are if an individual excepts the responsibility of owning a dog any dog they must face up to the fact that the dog can't be allowed to be out of their control.

flyfishinfool you said "My good buddy's 70 year old dad had over 100 stiches after an attack in his back yard from his neighbors pit bulls. So, I have an attitude." would you have the same attitude if his Dad had been shot by his neighbor's gun in his back yard you blame the dog the same as others blame the gun both attitudes are incorrect. It is also time to note that in this country there is in the neighborhood of 800,000 dog bites every year. This includes all breeds of dog.

Bob Lawless

11. flyfishinfool

flyfishinfool TS Member

I am going to say this just one time so everyone listen up carefully. After this post I am bowing out of this thread.

I have heard the argument before about being the owners fault. I don't disagree with that.

In fact, as far back as I can remember I have never sold one piece of land to a Pit Bull.

It is the dumb bastards that own them that are the problem.

My covenant keeps those people from buying into a subdivision I build

I make no apologies

End of story

Dan

12. comp 1

comp 1 Well-Known Member

As I stated in a previous post I used to quarantine dogs that had bitten people for rabies control--out of literally thousands,yes ,thousands, only one was a pit bull--it was owned by a person of rather shady character. Most of the bites in one year that we consistently had to quarantine were those from german shepherds,dobermans,and curs. In one study taken by our department, shepherds accounted for nearly 30% of all bites and not apparently because there just happened to be more shepherds in the area. This was normal over a period of many years. Having said that, I don't harbor any negative feelings toward german shepherds; but am usually more aware of their demeanor when first meeting one.

13. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

I don't want to make this to much of a pissin contest but there is a huge difference between a "dog bite" and a vicious ATTACK with the intent to kill what ever they are attacking,,

14. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Comp one I have no idea how long it has been since you did such work but the Pit Bull has made a huge come back in thic country and every gansta want a be tuff guy has one. kelly andersen, Let me share a FACT with you. I was at the pound last week 31 dogs in the pound and 26 were Pit bulls. I joked with the guy they should call themselves Pitbulls are us! His response? Don't even get me started! Why would the people who own pitbulls so overwhelmly give them up? And on such a consistant basis? Becaus they are stupid scum bags. Plain and simple. Many of the dogs are put to sleep at the moment there 3 days are up just because they show such obvious signs of aggression. You and your family may very well be the exception to the rule but UNDESTAND THIS! You are the exception! The RULE is at the pound! and I have no reason to think it is any diffrent in any other part of the country. You doubt what I say? Call the pound and find out for your self! My best friend is a 911 Officer and with the exception of one call, Each and every dog call that has required a medic or a cop was because of a Pitbull. Has never taken a call about a Rottweiller that needed a cop or a medic..
    This is the whole Nature VS Nurture argument and I appreciate that. The facts are that the people who buy these dogs are far and away scum bags with some reasonable,normal people thrown in. How else do you explain the pounds and the calls about dog bites? Reasonable people think reasonably but part of being a reasonable person is to look at facts. When you look at the Pit Bull Issue the facts are the facts and the reason why is the owners. The Lions share of the owners. Not the 1% that raise them to be family companions without aggression. That trip to the pound was sure sad. Jeff

15. comp 1

comp 1 Well-Known Member

Jeff,It's been about 10 yrs. and there weren't that many pit bulls in my area,I agree that 90% of the problem regardless of the breed is the owners--THEY are the ones that should be taken to the pound in my opinion--after three days if they aren't adopted then give em the same treatment as the dogs I actually had one owner tell me that his dog wouldn't bite while it was trying too chew off my pants legI quarantined that one for 2 weeks and tried taking the owner to court for getting in my face. Co. atorney was a chickensh##t and wouldn't prosecute--such is the norm in public service. Thank God I'm retired from it.

16. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

I don't need another reason to hate them OICU, I hate them enough already.

17. comp 1

comp 1 Well-Known Member

Jeff,It's been about 10 yrs. and there weren't that many pit bulls in my area,I agree that 90% of the problem regardless of the breed is the owners--THEY are the ones that should be taken to the pound in my opinion--after three days if they aren't adopted then give em the same treatment as the dogs I actually had one owner tell me that his dog wouldn't bite while it was trying too chew off my pants legI quarantined that one for 2 weeks and tried taking the owner to court for getting in my face. Co. atorney was a chickensh##t and wouldn't prosecute--such is the norm in public service. Thank God I'm retired from it.

18. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Wonder how long before the animal rights bunch file charges against her??? After all just a dog having fun.

Rock

Jim

19. JStephens

JStephens TS Member

Yes, there is a big difference between a "dog bite" and a mauling or killing.

Granted it is the owners responsibility....but with that breed it is a matter of time....god help you if you have children around these beasts....I don't think you are a responsible parent if you do, again it's just a matter of time.

Too many other breeds out there if you have to own a dog. I own a German Shepherd, and while I know she is a friendly dog, I don't EVER let her get in a position to hurt someone....period.

20. Golden Beebe

Golden Beebe TS Member

Yep...

Better keep them "Pit Bulls" from your kids! Petey of the Little Rascals was a Pit Bull...LOL

Click on the link above for some interesting reading...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.