1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT And they still want to ban lead!!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by timberfaller, Aug 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/08/16/energy-in-america-dead-birds-unintended-consequence-wind-power-development/

Wind power has killed more endangered species including Bald Eagle's that are protected to the hilt! Then all the known "lead poisoning" in just a few short years!!!!!

NO call for banning, NO fines been levied against power company's!!!

Biggest excuse used,"foreign" investors have put billions into the industry!!

Hypocrites, you environmentalist! Where is your outcry and protest!!

2. timberfaller

Remember all the hoopla about banning lead back at the beginning?

"lead shot" was killing Bald Eagles"

Even though they(Game Departments and Veterinarians) couldn't produce any that could be confirmed died from "lead poisoning"

Now a rush for different power source HAS done FAR more harm and killing then sport hunting using lead shot COULD ever do!!

3. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Timber it's just more of the educated idiots that don't like you doing something so it's wrong if you do it

We went to Iowa a few weeks ago and there were hundreds of windmills that we pased between Iowa and Texas, most of them weren't running, when I got to Iowa I was talking to an old HS chum who is in the business he said the electric companies won't pay the prices that they need to break even, I said I though the wind was free, he said not the maint and upkeep

I asked him why not, they are getting a $20 per MW subsidy from Uncle Sam, but they can produce electricity from gas for $12 per MW, he said that was the problem, even with the subsidy they are still losing money bidding against gas. coal or nuclear power

More of the EPA at work helping drive us into the dirt

4. timberfaller

Same here, but we had a normal winter and a cool summer. Water run off through the Columbia River has put all the windmills here on "stop" no need for the power they generate and besides, can't sell the power.

Go down to the Oregon border and hundreds of those things going and the truck traffic on the interstate hauling more is just crazy!!

I think its time to start "recycling" ALL those eye sores on the horizon!!

They sure have made a ugly scene on the landscape!

Besides killing all those endangered raptors!!

If the eco's could shut down the timber industries over a spotted owl that taste like chicken, They could sure shut down the wind mills!!!!!!!!

5. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Actually they can also pollute the soil around them very bad, they hold a bunch of oil in the bull gear drives and it's too high priced to fix them so they just refill them I think they are a joke

Also it is the most dangerous way to generate power about 40 people get killed each year working on them, way more than all other sources combined

6. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

The lead shot I used on eagles worked years ago (Pre 1972). AJ

7. timberfaller

I am sure it still works today in some areas Tex! I know in Canada it works real well!!!

What ticks me off the most is all day today, the news thats covering this story is ITS OK because this is green technology and foreign investors have put so much of their money into them.

Well Fine Then! Stop all the talk about banning lead and killing the Barded Owl to save the Spotted owl!!!!

I am ready for a balance approach, Stop the steel and save an Eagle!!!

Log the old growth to save the Owl!!

8. tj303

tj303 Member

link doesn't work for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.