1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT-American Cars-what BS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ljutic73, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

with parts sourced worldwide...some from Magna International which manufactures parts for Daimler Chrysler in Canada and worldwide....

2. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

caddy's loose big time when bought new. i don't recommend one unless you lease it for 36 months.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I don't know about new ones, but my '02 Buick Lesabre with 3800 engine is a miracle car.

Damn thing gets 32 MPG and has plenty of snot. If it had ground clearance I would get rid of my truck.

HM

4. porky

porky TS Member

chatbrat- The answer used to be Mercedes Benz, but not anymore. Get a hold on Consumer Reports review of Mercedes models. There wasn't one model that was even average. Ever model was below average in customer satisfation and cost of repairs. Read before you buy. The Mercedes has picked up the problem of the old American motors cars.

5. jester-the-molester

jester-the-molester TS Member

I'm sure that the poor quality with Mercedes has NOTHING to do with the merger with Chrysler...

6. marine_0341

marine_0341 TS Member

I have to agree with the comments about the Buicks. I have a 2005 Buick Rondevous with the 3.4 and it is a great vehicls. roomy, decent on gas mileage and safe enough that my insurance actually dropped when i tradedin my 1998 silverado

7. jester-the-molester

jester-the-molester TS Member

Pat,

If you want to get technical - it was a piss-poor business decision. I'll try and sum it up:

- Chrysler gets out dated technology to place in their current line up (need proof, look at the Crossfire. Its essentially an outdated CLK320 with the 3.2 liter 215 HP engine. Benz now uses a new 3.5 liter engine in their cars (CLK350).
    - Benz now suffers from poor quality. The R Class has the most reported problems of any Mercedes... EVER!!! Look at consumer reports. Black dots all the way.

8. southpark

southpark TS Member

Consumer Reports car reports are for ninnies and old folks. My Mercedes may need to go to the shop more than a Honda Civic, but it is a fantasy of the proletariat to suggest that Civic is a better car.

If you want to buy an American made road machine, buy a motorhome. Unfortunately, they are all put together with the lowest standards.

9. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

...And it's a fantasy of egotistical windbags that their Mercedes is a better car than the Lexus they could have had for 30k less...(smiley face goes here)

10. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Dick, Don't know what part of the country you live in but I don't think its just where you live that Buicks are considered old fart's cars---I think its nation wide.

11. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

i could use more closet space. where is the closet dealer?

12. southpark

southpark TS Member

Buzzgun, you made three claims: that I am egotistical, a windbag, and that a MBZ is not as good as a Lexus that cost $30K less.

I am going to address EVERY incorrect statement you made, in reverse order:

One, you are an old fart who loves Buicks if you think you won't enjoy a MBZ more than a Lexus that costs $30K less (may be a different result on equally priced models).

Two

Three

There, I hope you learned your lesson.

13. billy77

billy77 TS Member

Hey....find a licensed dealer and get him to get you a car coming off lease at an auction....the dealer can give you a list that will be at the auction, a price range, and should give you a set commission......usually a great way to get a well cared for low mileage car at a good price....JMO SC

14. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

"Lease" and "well cared for" simply don't belong in the same sentence. 75% of the people I know who lease a vehicle don't take care of them. "What for? 15,000 mile oil changes, no transmission service, beat it to hell; it's going back to the dealer when the ashtrays get full" is their general attitude. People don't take care of what they don't own.

If you want a pleasant surprise, look at a Hyundai Azera. Don't scoff untill you look at one.....CVVT, Stability control, ABS, Traction control, all standard. 100K warranty, 260HP, 260 ft/lb of torque, every standard feature you can think of; all for much less cash. I'll bet there's a Hyundai dealer real close to where you're shopping - do yourself a favor and take a look.

15. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

South, one outa three ain't bad.

(Is your name Marty Aussenberg by any chance?)

16. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Toyota is the only American made car with all American parts and labor (not including the illegals).

So buy American I guess????

Rock

Jim

17. i_shoot

i_shoot Member

perazzitms has hit the nail on the head! Hyundai's are a great buy,quality as good as or better than .....Honda,Toyota & Nissan & this comes from Ward's Automotive & JD Power.
    I believe the the car with the best quality,best warranty,best value for your dollar is a Hyundai/Kia(same company).
    Anyone considering buying needs to test drive an Azera. I think they will be more than pleased.

i_shoot

18. southpark

southpark TS Member

Different name buzz, but I hope the feller you're thinking of is brilliant and good looking as that would give you a fair general idea...

So what you guys are saying is that WE are the Mexicans as far as the Japanese are concerned?

19. southpark

southpark TS Member

Hairy, I don't even know who Marty is!

But yes, I am brilliant.

20. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

I got the wife the 2006 Toyota Solara (2 door)and she loves it.

Had a Camry (4 door) before that. Ray.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.