1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT -- Amazon.com Users -- Phishing Alert

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by GordonWood421, Mar 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GordonWood421

GordonWood421 TS Member

There was a notice on my e-mail that my account had been unsuccessfully accessed in two instances by some foreign parties . The notice provided a link to check the security on my account .

The link opened a questionaire that had an authentic appearance but requested information that was beyond that which any " .com " business would need . So , I bugged out of that site and alerted Amazon.com .

Amazon.com has responded with interest in the attempt and "they say" they will--- yadayadayada .

Be carefull , folk ! !

Charlie

2. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

I tried to log onto Amazon one morning to find that the password to my account had been changed. I spent most of the next day and a half trying to find someone to contact who would respond to me before I got my account frozen. I was, from what they told me, one of the lucky ones, as a few of the hacked accounts had some major purchases made on the credit cards.

I was NOT pleased.

Tony

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.