1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT/Air Rifle Pellets

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by TC, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TC

TC TS Member

I have a quantity of damaged pellets of different sizes that need to be re-formed. Years ago I had heard of a tool to use for this. Would anybody have one at a reasonable price? Tony psabatatcATaolDOTcom remove the pee and make the changes.

2. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

Call Crosman Arms in Bloomfield, N.Y. Maybe they could steer you in the right direction. (585) 657-6161. Why not just buy new pellets? Larry Evans

3. harpo_old

harpo_old Guest

I use to shoot nra air match and there is a resizer for pellets,just can't tell you who to contact for such a thing!!!

4. TC

TC TS Member

Larry, it is a rather large quantity and would be a shame to just throw away.

5. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

"The Pell Seat is a tool that seats a pellet into the bore after it has been loaded the regular way. A shooter uses the Pell Seat's round end to smooth out any irregularities in the shape of the pellet skirt, and to "form fit" the pellet skirt to the bore, creating a perfect air seal. This produces greater pellet uniformity and prevents wasted blow-by air. The Beeman Pell Seat may be used at any angle to smooth and seat pellets."

Beeman used to sell a pellet resizer, but I don't see it on their site.

6. mallardfilmore

mallardfilmore TS Member

I looked on pilkguns.com, championshooters.com and Neal Johnson's Gunsmithing and didn't see any pellet sizers listed anymore. Probably have to sign on to an airgun forum and see if anyone has one they would part with.

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I was thinking of the pell seater -- thanks

Gene

8. TC

TC TS Member

As I recall, there is a tool that was used prior to insertion in the barrel.

9. magnumshot

magnumshot Active Member

Beeman pellet sizers were for use on new pellets, but some say there is not any need. Copy and paste this link

http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=7262407&aa=%20%20%20Beeman%20Pellet%20Sizer%20.177%20Caliber

10. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.