1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT Air Force One Pilot reveals

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jim101, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

OK, Who's going to run this one by snopes?????????????

2. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Snopes wouldn't tell the truth anyway.

3. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Lumper?.....Where are you? I must admit that all that is mighty interesting info but I was hoping you'd say they found an unrepairable oil leak in number four engine! Damn!

4. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

You guessed it. No pilot, no book, and that's just the start.

Neil

5. Madmark

Madmark TS Member

Snopes has the story listed as "undetermined". If the story was not true, Snopes would use the word "false". "True" or "false" are much easier words to understand, sometimes the bigger words like "undetermined" throw people off.....

6. smartass

smartass TS Member

Anybody who ever actually flew Volant Banner (not SAM missions which C-141s didn't fly) knows what a bullshit story this is. Presidents didn't fly on C-141s, they have their own airplanes called Air Force One.

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Oh, shit. Here I thought there was a real world after all.

HM

8. Neil Winston

Madmark, the point is that long sections of the tale were attributed to a secret service agent a couple of years ago. Now it's a pilot. The email is a lie. This is just a political hatchet job, once used against Gore and now recycled and updated for use against someone else.

And one more thing, MM. It's ironic that you should have written:

""True" or "false" are much easier words to understand, sometimes the bigger words like "undetermined" throw people off....."

since you didn't understand what "undetermined" referred to. It was the source. Was this written by a secret service agent? They couldn't "determine" that. Now that it's "written by a former AF1 pilot" I guess it's pretty clear that it's just early campaign junk, and whoever wants this to be spread - who is also the one writing it and getting paid for it- just attaches a convincing name to make us read it. There's been a whole lot of that here recently, "Lincoln" being an example.

People would do a lot better with this kind of thing if, when they read it, asked "What is this email trying to make me think or do?" rather than pay any attention to the putative source, since I could post this as written by Oprah or Dick Cheney.

Neil

9. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

ANY airplane the President is on is called Air Force One Einstein.

10. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Perrazitms - You're correct, to a point. The President's call sign is Air Force One, when on an Air Force Plane, whether one of the 747's, a C141, etc. His call sign is Marine One, on the presidential helicopters, and when he landed on the aircraft carrier aboard the A6, call sign Navy One was used.

Best,
    Dennis

11. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Earl, the Air Force, Navy, CG, Army, and Marines use standard call signs. If the President's Boeing 747 were used by someone else, the call sign reverts back to standard protocol. The Vice-President uses Air Force Two, etc. on whatever aircraft he flies.

There have been occasions when someone other than the President flies on his 747. I believe that it's been dispatched to fly former First Ladies on the deaths of their husbands. Nancy Reagan and Betty Ford come to mind.

Rich-S - You are correct. I mis-read my sources. Thanks for the catch.

Best,
    Dennis

12. lumper

lumper TS Member

Very interesting ... very very interesting ... seems them Secret Service agents and people who work for and around the White House blab and gossip more than trap shooters do.

13. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

I have heard that Hillery was nothing but the bitch she is. Her main word off camera and away from reporters is F&^K this and that. The only reason they got married and had a kid was all political. They said they would NEVER use the kid for photo-ops but they did after Monica. The resaon they never got a devorce it would hurt them both in the political seen. Neither one of them has a oz of goodness in them for anyone. Good post Thanks for taking the time to put it up.

14. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I read this story years ago as well. Jeff

15. Neil Winston

Oh come on, infer, they are written by the same person. You say he was relating gossip, but who can remember long passages of it, it word for word?

Supposed Pilot:

"Hillary Clinton was arrogant and orally abusive to her security detail. She prohibited her daughter, Chelsea, from exchanging pleasantries with them. Sometimes Chelsea, miffed at her mother's obvious conceit and mean spiritedness, ignored her demands and exchanged pleasantries regardless, but never in her mother's presence. Chelsea really was a nice, kindhearted, and lovely young lady. The consensus opinion was that Chelsea loved her Mom but did not like her. "

Now look at the fourth paragraph on snopes written by the supposed Secrert Service agent. It's exactly the same. Word for word. This not not somebody recalling gossip. It's just a rewrite of the same story. There are several similar examples in the text.

It's a fake. Gore was the target in the first, Clinton in the second. Time for an update, that's all.

Neil

"

16. Neil Winston

Aldrich Ames? A source? Odd choice, I must say. I'd have thought he was too busy committing treason and getting our agents executed to have much time for writing a book. I'll at least say this: If there be such a book I'd be a wee bit wary of taking it too seriously. After all, he was our most prolific traitor.

Neil

17. phirel

phirel TS Member

The story might be a fake but this is true. We have a very active trapshooter who is competitive for a spot on the Senior Vet All American team and a inductee into his state Hall of Fame. I have shot with him for years. He retired as a 4 star Air Force General. He was the personal military aid for Hillary Clinton.

He respects his duty not to talk too much, but John will let a few stories slip out now and then. Life around Hillary Clinton is tense. She has few, if any, real friends and is not a person I would support. John is a fascinating, and very knowledgeable man to talk with. US Air Force Generals know a lot of interesting things.

Pat Ireland

18. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

There is a reason hearsay is not admissable in court. But, out in the school yard at recess we can gossip all we want. Funny how some folks never did learn the true value and importance of gossip. (Pass it on.) Jake

PS Thanks for the fact check Neil.

19. Neil Winston

My response was made with the best of intentions as well, Bob. I'll leave it up - though now "overtaken by events" - just to remind people that it was just possible that AA _had_ written a book and it was now being quoted in emails. It's a crazy world, I think you will agree.

Neil

20. kolar12

kolar12 Member

Pat... I have to agree with you!! If you were to look at John's history on the Air Force Web site, you would be astounded!!What a person he is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.