1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

OT .45 ACP AMMO OT

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by crusha, Mar 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusha

crusha TS Member

Ammo companies have figured out that the average person talks about shooting, much more than they actually shoot. High-priced boxes of "carry defense" ammo is the cat's meow, but they don't sell a huge quantity of it. It's a margin product. People will eventually cave and pay the price.

2. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

JONO2 both Midsouth supply and Graf & Sons have a variety of JHP .45 Ammo. I entered the URL for midsouth above.

This is the URL for Graf & Sons---- http://tinyurl.com/4ks2xmx I use the tiny URL site as the regular address is about a mile long.

I am sure there are others it just happens I use these two the most. Check it out if it help there you go if not I tried.

Bob Lawless

3. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

try this above link....I buy all my handgun ammo from them...

4. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

try the above link...I have bought ammo from them before...good service....

Ammoman is another good source but he currently does not have 45 on hand...

5. oz

oz Active Member

tgry natchez.com

6. oz

oz Active Member

make that natchezss.com oz

7. shadow

shadow Active Member

Your 9mm MIGHT expand,-,My .45acp will never shrink. Hardball is very effective in .45 cal.

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I wouldn't want to get popped by a hardball round of any caliber even a .25. The big complaint of FMJ Round ball is it can pass clean thru without doing massive damage. I think a 230-250 grain FMJ .45 Round Ball would knock the crap out of you whether it passes clean thru or not.

9. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I wouldn't feel under armed with a full mag of .45 ball ammo. Judging by the reaction that the jacks and bowling pins have to this stuff, I'll wager that it can be reiied upon to make the bad guys fall down real fast.

10. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

Or you could reload with Hollow Point bullets? and make all you want for less.

But like said above, getting hit by a 230gr hardball will definately ruin your day, our armed forces used that same round for 75 years with great success.

It ain't broke don't fix, and you can save a bunch on ammo and shoot more which is more important than expansion any day.

If you miss with a hollow point will the target know it wasn't a solid? Nah!

randy

11. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

My supplier has a lot of CCI Gold Dot 200Gr HP on hand. Its not cheap but in stock.

Ken Cerney Wisconsin

12. IM390

IM390 Member

Why don't you think about loading your own. Plenty of bullets available. Common .45 powder is either green dot or red dot and you can pick up a simple reloader from Lee Precision Products, in Hartford Wisconsin for less than $100.

To try to answer you question, our President strikes fear into the hearts of gun owners and yes he has been going after ammo as much as guns. And many people are hoarding ammo just in case. But so is our Military. They found out the hard way that 9mm and .223 doesn't penetrate adobe brick very well. So our service men are using 1911s (.45 acp) and M-14s (.308) in Irac and Afganistan because the can bust through their clay brick easier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.