1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ot- 40K $ Hyundai

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 635 G, Jul 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Just saw a new Hyundai Genesis, Wow!!!!!!! 375 hp, outrageous performance @ 27 mpg, sticker came to $40 K Mercedes S class look out.

Lou

2. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Another VW Phaeton...

Jay

3. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

I remember when Hyundai's were cheap. Guess nothing is anymore.

4. spritc

spritc Active Member

Walking around the National Auto Dealers Association national convention 3-4 years ago and came across a beautiful car. Turned-out it was the new Hyundai flagship, whatever it is, and it was absolutely beautiful. I had to take a second look, I couldn't believe it was a Hyundai. I just wish their dealerships would be easier to sell (I'm a broker).

Steve

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

When the Hyundai first came to the U.S. they were nothing but problems, now they build a pretty darned good vehicle. They are everywhere you look here in Boise.

6. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Joe....I think that would be North Korea....Hyundai's are built in South Korea last time I looked....

7. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

My wife always wanted a 560SL, when she got to drive one, she said it handles like a slush bucket, the only thing sporty about was desig, it still had ball joint steering with a lot of turns lock to lock. Remember the hungry fighter usually beats the complacent fat cat. U.S> auto makers were fat cats. Mercedes Benz is a fat cat. They have to get lean & hungry.

Lou

8. Finprof

Finprof TS Member

Things change. 40 years ago, California wine was not very good and couldn't compare to French wines. Now they can. 40 years ago a Honda was a crappy 500cc tin box that couldn't compare to anything coming out of Detroit and nobody heard of a Toyota. Things change.

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I remember the Chrysler K-cars.

Inferiority stuffed down the American consumer's throat with corporate disdain and arrogance.

They did then what the oil companies are doing now.

Someone needs a lesson.

HM

10. ec90t

ec90t Guest

MX-8B,

The only part of your post that I'm having problems with is the Corvette comparision. Seems to me, that those bow tie machines have been kicking the best the world has to offer for quite a few years now. Everytime I turn on a good ALMS or endurance race the Corvette is leading its class. Maybe the Ferrari's are just painted yellow so they'll look like a Corvette.

ec90t

11. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Mercedes look out...... Yea right! You want the best car made, buy Mercedes.

12. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

The Z0-6 'Vette ain't bad??? Besides, why compare these cars re. track performance; cars that are raced are all prepared anyway. And one has no business driving anywhere with anything at 70 mph on Sunset Blvd. I guess Mercedes Benz doesn't offer track days. Maybe there's a reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.